Axminster TS250-2 modifications.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx for fast respons:)

I have the sliding table. I am happy with all my settings like blade parallel with miter slots, and blade against the fence and sliding miter table. The only problem i have now after i have seen all your good tips and triks with dust collection etc... :D is that the fence is off by 3 degree:). I will check your tips, and i will post my result:)

Hey again Mike

I did like you said and i can now see that det fence has a bow on the underside (see pic.) I will try to flaten it.

Thx for good help:)

Fence.jpg

Attachments

• Fence.jpg
    Fence.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,221
Glad you got it sorted, these are such simple machines I didn't think it could be anything major.

I am just about to start making the drawers to go into my table housing, to dovetail or not to dovetail that is the question.

Have fun
Mike

Dovetails it is.

Dovetails.jpg

Chippendale was underpaid.
Mike

Attachments

• Dovetails.jpg
    Dovetails.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,141
Nice work Mike.

I hope you could help me with this?

When I'm going to cut 45 degrees on my saw, the saw is very heavy to turn the wheel both down to 45 degrees and back to 90 degrees. I have loosened the lock bolt :D . Some idea?

Ews

Mine was a bit like that when I first got it, I found that loosening the four hex bolts above the table and applying some ptfe spray on the pivots loosened it up considerably, don't forget to re-tighten the four hex bolts and re-check alignment, You may have to leave the four hex bolts a little bit off fully tight to allow the pivot to turn in the trunnion, its a pinch fit. I assume you took off the yellow blade guard?

Since first getting the saw I have not had the need to tilt the blade, I use my excellent Makita chop saw for angled cuts, not only that I would have to make another zero clearance insert.

Mike

Thx for fast respons Mike:)

If you meant the yellow insert beside the blade, I've removed it. I'll try what you suggest here, so I'll come back to you :)

Hey again Mike

I have found the problem. Det part nr. 52 connecting plate in the manual was broken, i have to order a new part, do you know where to get spare parts?

Hey

The saw is only 5 weeks old, so i will give them a call, thx for the mail adr. :)

Two down another eight to go, unless I decide to make the upper drawers half size and back to back to reduce the depth, in which case it's twelve to go.

Drawers.jpg

Mike

Attachments

• Drawers.jpg
    Drawers.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,132
Looking very good Mike:)

I have another ? for you about the TS 250. Is it any easy way to fit a biesemeyer fence or another better fence, without remove the rail system on the saw?

Erland

I think with any of the after market fence systems you would have to remove the existing fence rails, saying that I find the fence supplied with the complete kit to be excellent for this standard of saw, accurate and stable enough to rip 1mm off anything, in fact I did exactly that yesterday.

Mike

side table end.jpg

Love the end protection and pencil carrier, so much better than digging myself in the ribs when you walk past the table, so what did I do today, whilst fitting the drawer slides at the back I stood up and cut my head open on the other end, perhaps I need to make another end protector. #-o

Mike

Attachments

• side table end.jpg
    side table end.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,040
My next modification to this saw is to move the NVR switch, its too tucked away under the table to be convenient, trouble is I don't know if the nuts on the back are captive, or if the cable is long enough, not that either will stop me moving it. Hmm if I remove the ZCI and blade I may be able to see the back of the switch, think on.

Mike

Hey

I may change my fence with a Incra TS-LS because even if my fence is square to the blade, the stock is drifting away from the fence after it passed the blade. What do you think Mike?

The only way the stock can move away from the fence after it passes the blade, is because it is being pushed/pulled that way, either your blade is not parallel to the fence, or the blade is blunt, first off I would try two push blocks, one on top of the stock, the other to the side and see if that makes a difference.

OR:

The JessEm stock guides I fitted to the fence on my version prevent that from happening as the rollers are at 5deg's to the line of the fence and pull the stock into the fence face, they are brilliantly effective and have changed the way I work with my table saw.

Did you get your tilting mechanism sorted?

Mike

When i cut small boards its not drifting, but with sheets of plywood then i can't keep it from drifting. I have the jessem for the router table, maybe i can try them?
The parts to the tilting mechanism is sent from the uk, so i hope they will arive this week:)

Back