Surely a huge gap in the market?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go backwards and look at the Elu powertools of the 70's and 80's.
Long before Festool they sold market leading gear with an extensive range of accessories.
I think you’ll find Festool pre-dates Elu by 3 years Festo/Festool 1925 & Elu/Elumatec 1928 both are still trading though the power tool range of Elu was sold off to Black & Decker in 1992.
Neither company initially started making hand held power tools Festool started in the 50’s & Elu in the 60’s.

PROXXON ?

Probably 1/2 the sizes to be machined, but pretty accurate as it goes, and maybe ideal for machining individual components if you break them all out first.

Last edited:
The routers and circ saws would invert under a cast alloy table with cast alloy fence and tubular legs (Festool CMT anyone ?)
I presume you mean the CMS as the CMT is an extractor? The CMS was discontinued a good few years ago I believe due to EU legislation though they can still be bought second hand if anyone should want one .

https://huphong.com.sg/product/mia-6/

Screenshot_20240402-090632_Chrome.jpg

Be interesting to see how this compares to the original I used to own ?

Cheers.,Andy

Last edited:
With increasingly small properties and with more apartments, it is unsurprising that many simply do not have the space for a separate workshop - I know some will even use a spare bedroom.

The combination machine could be a solution to the space problem. To be a success it needs to be much quieter (induction motor, sound insulation) and incorporate integrated dust extraction.

To do both of these may be an engineering too far - but flats and terraced properties which are typically smaller with neighbours close make up nearly 50% of UK housing stock.

@Joe1975
Buy a Triton TPL180 (on offer at 50% off at Yandles) and utilise it for a jointer/surface planer. 7"/180mm width. That's 1 covered. 9kg in weight...

Make a unit to house it, add a sprung safety 'cover' and you're good to go at £149:99. I posted a thread with the link for it a few days ago.

Back