Aldi drill /driver combo.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jamesc":16kfpz3v said:
I've never tried this drill but have a look here http://www.einhell-uk.co.uk/ batteries seem readily available

James
Yes I did see that. The batteries look like they may be the same as the power xchange range.
Apparently the Titanium+ are better made than the usual blue workzone tools.

I've emailed Aldi to as a couple of questions.

lidl did a version of the above einhell tools this summer that look like they are using the same battery's but actually listing higher specs on torque, someone mentioned the gmc tools also, saying they were a possible match for some of lidl tools the batts and the impact driver do look the same

i think the aldi titanium range are quite a bit better than the rest of the gear they sell looking at them , they seem good build quality, probably hard pressed to find a set like that for the same price anywhere especially with the 3 year warranty .

i bought a set of the titanium range driver bits.. was so impressed i went back for 2 more, great geometry hold the screws perfectly and are not breaking in my impact driver so far...

not sure how we can find out whos batts are interchangeable with whos because the ones on the aldi look similar again

Alexfn":b0wv92dc said:
lidl did a version of the above einhell tools this summer that look like they are using the same battery's but actually listing higher specs on torque, someone mentioned the gmc tools also, saying they were a possible match for some of lidl tools the batts and the impact driver do look the same

i think the aldi titanium range are quite a bit better than the rest of the gear they sell looking at them , they seem good build quality, probably hard pressed to find a set like that for the same price anywhere especially with the 3 year warranty .

i bought a set of the titanium range driver bits.. was so impressed i went back for 2 more, great geometry hold the screws perfectly and are not breaking in my impact driver so far...

not sure how we can find out whos batts are interchangeable with whos because the ones on the aldi look similar again
Watched the aldi video a few times to compare and They for look very similar.
If they fit, then they are cheap. Roughly £20 for 1.5ah and £25 for 2.6ah.

Seems like a good deal for an 18v setup.

Due to weight, I went for a Refurb Dewalt 10.8v setup of 2x batteries, the drill/driver and impact driver. The impact driver is very powerful.

Worth considering the Dewalt refurbished stuff on eBay - it is basically new. I think I paid about 120 for this setup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alexfn":10lrdd16 said:
ok so after quite a bit of digging im fairly sure that these are made by grizzly and that the batts can be had on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PDSSA-18-A1-B ... Swu4BVzJ~T

hope this helps
I didn't know about grizzly, but was confident the parkside ones would fit.
Can't seem to see any chargers sold separately, but it's not a big deal.

Well I got a reply from Aldi today. Asking me to ring them. So no further forward yet. :)

those parkside ones i linked to have grizzly tools written on them, ive watched a video comparison in french on youtube where a guy compares different lidl tools and what batts fit what models

let us know if you get anywhere with aldi

cheers

Alexfn":1a1mx5in said:
those parkside ones i linked to have grizzly tools written on them, ive watched a video comparison in french on youtube where a guy compares different lidl tools and what batts fit what models

let us know if you get anywhere with aldi

cheers
That sounds interesting. I'll see if I can find the video.

If the helpline is open, I'll ring tomorrow.

Back