aftermarket replacement drill driver batteries

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On eBay yes, on Amazon be careful with positive reviews as most are paid for or incentivised through free product.
I avoid Amazon. Last time I bought from them they only sold books. Something about funding a rich git's space adventures while he treats his workers like slaves tends to put me off making him richer.
Regards
John

I bought two Makita batteries off Amazon and one was a dud. Got on to Amazon returns but they clearly say ' do not return batteries ! ' The chatline told me that as a 'special favour' they would replace one battery for free. It seems to be a lottery - out of four batteries I bought only one was a dud.
Have you considered adapters that convert one make to another? I have a Ryobi glue gun and bought a Dewalt adapter for it as I use Dewalt power tools. It works very well and saves me investing in another set of batteries and charger.
Haven't been able to find a converter that goes from old format Dewalt to anything new.

Buy a new complete tool in the sales it will be much better,lighter, more powerful and longer running than your old tools. I have tried a DeWalt battery adapter but in reality it only worked on low power tools and could not run a saw or SDS. I also wasted some money on new Chinese batteries with shortlived success.
Quite apart from the cost, I wouldn't think throwing out 5 functioning drivers a very Green solution

Third party batteries are always a nightmare whether for a power tool, camera or some gadget and there are a lot of duds. I had a laptop wrecked by fake batteries, sold as genuine and unless you were an expert then nigh on impossible to distinguish from the real ones and some years back the battery in my PDA used for navigation just bulged, breaking of the rear cover and made a horrendous smell so tread carefully with unknown suppliers, Lithium can be nasty when misused. So if you want all cordless tools then you need to accept the cost of batteries otherwise get tools that plug in, paying £300 for three replacement batteries for a tool that if corded would not require that expense is not for me, maybe if I could pass the cost onto customers it would be different.

Back