Aaaarrgggghhhh, f@cxing ebay again!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just cancelled my PayPal account.

I got a couple of DVDs off eBay, and I paid for a £10.00 book through PayPal.

Suddenly there was an additional £32.00 Direct Debit taken from my bank account, by PayPal.

Clearly somewhere in the small print I had missed something, because I never set up any D/D with PayPal.

Finished with them and eBay (which has been used by the 'Del Boys' of the UK to off load far too much dodgy gear. Had enough.

In future I use Amazon.

John

Benchwayze":2e5tgkqn said:
Suddenly there was an additional £32.00 Direct Debit taken from my bank account, by PayPal.

Clearly somewhere in the small print I had missed something, because I never set up any D/D with PayPal.
Have you chased it up with them/your bank John?

You have to agree to something like that, and a simple purchase doesn't constitute that kind of agreement. I would get onto them about it. Don't just let it lie...

Hi Trim,

Apprently when you have a PayPal 'Business Account' (so you can receive large sums, without being accused of Laundering money) you pay a fee when you use the account. Either to pay or to take monies.

So I can't wriggle out of it. Fair enough. I should have read the 15,000 words of small print!

So in future, any money I might need to pay on the forum, you guys and gals will have to trust me! Or take a Postal Order!

:lol:

Cheers
John

Benchwayze":13ep908k said:
Hi Trim,

Apprently when you have a PayPal 'Business Account' (so you can receive large sums, without being accused of Laundering money) you pay a fee when you use the account. Either to pay or to take monies.

So I can't wriggle out of it. Fair enough. I should have read the 15,000 words of small print!

So in future, any money I might need to pay on the forum, you guys and gals will have to trust me! Or take a Postal Order!

:lol:

Cheers
John
Ahhh, makes sense. I only have a personal account.

Can you open a second personal account for small transactions?

Well Trim, as far as I know, you pay for transactions either way.
I will just have to look into it a bit more. But there are other money transfer sites out there!

I am maybe a little disenchanted with eBay and PayPal, but I do think they are becoming rip-off!

Unless I am just a cynical old beggar! :D

Cheers ..
John :)

Benchwayze":1sr8ekbq said:
Well Trim, as far as I know, you pay for transactions either way.
I will just have to look into it a bit more. But there are other money transfer sites out there!

I am maybe a little disenchanted with eBay and PayPal, but I do think they are becoming rip-off!

Unless I am just a cynical old beggar! :D

Cheers ..
You don't pay for transactions with a personal account, just for withdrawing funds. And only when you are withdrawing above/or below a certain amount (that I can't remember off the top of my head).

Thanks Mark..
All my troubles with them started when I sold a guitar for over £3,000.

Because of the amount, they locked my account and I had to change it to a pro account to get access to my cash!

Thanks again.

google checkout is your freind - but you cant use it on ebay.

I dont have a paypal account but i do use ebay - i just specify cash on collection, or cheques by post with time to clear

There are a lot of sellers who will accept only paypal though and eBay do keep advising the only protection is offered through PayPal.

So no PayPal, No eBay unless I can collect and pay on collection.

John :wink:

Benchwayze":cggjdidw said:
There are a lot of sellers who will accept only paypal though and eBay do keep advising the only protection is offered through PayPal.

So no PayPal, No eBay unless I can collect and pay on collection.

John :wink:

yeah but you can pay through their paypal; account with a credit card - you only need your own paypal account if you want to take payments like that

Back