A Woodturning get together in Wales?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where in Wales should we hold a get together?

• North Wales (north of a line from Dolgellau to Welshpool)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • South East (south of Brecon, east of Bridgend)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • South West (south of Brecon, west of Bridgend)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Mid-Wales (the remainder i.e. between Dolgellau/Welshpool and Brecon)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mike
firstly wots The beer Like in that neck of the woods :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: im not really worried where I travel im south east wales but its no probs
Regards
Bill

EnErY":3207gc9n said:
Mike
firstly wots The beer Like in that neck of the woods :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: im not really worried where I travel im south east wales but its no probs
Regards
Bill

Sorry, Bill, but I do not know. It's about 50 miles from where I live and not an area that I visit much (other than passing through on my way to Bristol or the west country).

that Ockenden place looks good....I am staying in Ludlow for a few days from the 15th of april so I may have to schedule a visit into the holiday planning!!!

Thats a long way for me for a day trip though!!!

EnErY":1g9mbhpf said:
Wot U Think Bout This One guys?
http://www.ockenden-timber.co.uk/index. ... ardandshop surely we could book a demo or summut there is a lot there
Regards
Bill

Bill, Ockenden Timber is my nearest supplier for all things woodturning. However, they do not have a demo area that we could use, and I don't fancy spending the day in their (unheated) timber shed. They are also just about 100 miles from Swansea so quite a bit north for those living in the south.

What do others think?

I tend to agree with Mike - Ockendon Timber isn't really in South Wales and the unheated timber shed does not sound at all appealing! (maybe I'm biased due to current weather conditions!)

I haven't commented before now although I did vote. I am one of the two people who voted for North Wales for obvious reasons, you don't get much more north than Colwyn Bay.

I would probably travel as far as the Ockenden Timber place but couldn't really make it to South Wales. I accept though that it is not a location voted for by the majority, and I don't like the sound of their cold shed either.

regards

Brian

We now total 10, but are not any nearer to agreeing a venue.

The ten brave souls are (in no particular order) :-

nev
EnErY +1
VikingAl
Spinks
tekno.mage
henton49er
orchard +1
brianhabby

Orchard is trying to sort a venue in Abergavenny; brianhabby says he will come as far south as Ockenden Timber (near Churchstoke). What do others think?

Okay Mike,

Reply to your PM as requested on the thread so all can see.

I will commit to going as far as Ockenden Timber if it is held either there or in a nearby location. It must also be on a Saturday because of work commitments with the exception of the following Saturdays:

May 11th
May 25th
Jun 1st
Jun 8th
Sep 7th

Hope that helps to confirm my position.

regards

Brian

Im On For Either Venue but travelling to Abergavenney would Suit me Better But again ill go with the flow and what is decided ill go with it Chips are better In Abergavenny ............. :D
Regards
Bill

Depending on the eventual date and location, I would be interested in coming too. I know I'm the wrong side of the border but I have my passport ready :)

Paul Hannaby":3mc7urrm said:
Depending on the eventual date and location, I would be interested in coming too. I know I'm the wrong side of the border but I have my passport ready :)
also take a crash course on how to play rugby and eat cockles,lava bread Brains sa and ffelionfoel beers then jump off the severn bridge in your boxer shorts and commit yourself to supporting the scarlets
regards
Bill

I would do my best to attend at either venue, I would probably bring Mrs Spinks and she could clear off shopping or something girlie...as stated before though its work/date dependant

Just an idea guys....

But would it be worth contacting some local turning suppliers and seeing if they would want to come along with some timber and supplies? I know that isca woodcrafts are in the area that you are talking about, plus there is also timberman in carmarthen although it may be a little bit too far for them.

I may also be up for this depending on the dates :)

Cheers

Our numbers seem to be increasing:-

nev
EnErY + 1
VikingAl
Spinks
tekno.mage + 1
henton49er
orchard + 1
brianhabby
Paul Hannaby
=Adam=

but we seem no nearer to agreeing a venue. Paul Hannaby is amenable to meeting at his place, but it is not ideally set up for a demo.
What do people think of going abroad (Forest of Dean) for the welsh get together?

Latest posts

Back