UK Workshop Get-together Final Details

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philly,
Thanks again to you and Mrs P. What a generous couple you are! I can only repeat what has already been siad about the pleasure in meeting other forum members, and seeing such famous pieces of work in the flesh (as it were).

Great Day. :D

I travelled down to Yandles on Friday, got there at 12:30pm. Spent some time wandering around browsing the tools, I like green men and this one caught my eye.

Philly of course had to buy another power tool for the workshop and I just managed to capture the stowing on board Philly's truck.
Some of us were on the drive before the workshop was 'Open', here is Gary Wayne and his wife Sheela.
This is Andy (AJ)Bell and Newt, sorry I can only remember your board name. :oops:
Brian and Andy Bell
Here is Chas before sorting out Phillys lathe and dressing up. :wink:
Brian again, your going to be in the rouges gallery, one of these shots will make it. :)
Now we see who Philly really takes notice of!
Of course this is the lady who made it all possable, Mrs Philly who put up with all of us invading her home and provided great food and drink aswell. =D> =D> =D>
I could not resist sneaking a look in the tool chest =P~ , uhm makes the sandviks seem a bit sad. #-o
Chas having cleaned the bed is now fitting the chuck ready for his turning demo. :D
I think this is Nigel, Tombo, Nads and Stewart.
Brian checks the blank that Chas is going to turn, with Andy (Lynx) looking on.
Chas gets turning. \:D/ With Nigel and Sheela paying close attention.
Alf looks at Newts handy work, this man is a seriously good tool maker, that if you did not get to see it was a very good marking gauge. :)
Philly gives a demo of sharpening with waterstones.
Andy gets hands on practise.
This is Evergreen, sorry no idea of your real name. :oops:
Here we have Bean (Bill) a box maker who doesn't like post pictures of them. :roll:
Chas gets Sheela involed with the turning, once again Andy is looking on, I know he bought a LA jack and claims not to have a plane problem, how long before he is making round spinny things? :twisted:
This is just for Bean, shake but not as quite as bad as some of yours! :x
A number of members cannot belive what Martins wife bought him for his birthday. 8-[
The turning progresses. 8)

I will continue this but the dogs are wanting to be fed.

If I have got your name wrong, or could not remember it please let me know so I can correct the post.

If you find a link broken, you best post that up as well, I am getting a bit square eyed. :-s

Nice photos Dave, didn't notice you sneaking around taking loads of pictures of the HT demo - usually I am quite camera shy :wink:

By the way, it was lovely to put faces to names and meet a bunch of nice people with a common interest. Thanks to all I chatted with for a vey enjoyable day

Well it sounds like the day was a blast. Thank you Dave for the pictures. Wish I could have been there. I think I would have enjoyed Tony's demonstration greatly.

Take care, Mike

Thanks for putting the pics up Dave (didn't notice any from the night before :wink: )

I've already spent most the weekend eyeing up lathes, scrub planes and a good sharpening system :wink: :wink:

Great day had by all, thanks everyone

It looks like I missed a real good day out :( .
Glad to see every one enjoyed it and I will be looking forward to next year :whistle: :) .

Hi Colin,

Yes, you missed a good day. I remembered to take your carving tool and showed it to a few people (Alf, Philly, Bean and others). I think they were impressed but no doubt they will let you know :wink:

Paul

Thanks Paul
I am self had a good weekend in Norfolk training and will post pic's for all to be clear but at times I was thinking about the get together ( as long as some one was on punching at me :roll: )
I would like to hear the coments on the carving tool too, it would have been nice to see some more faces :wink:

Philly, Mrs P and Miss P

Thanks for a brilliant day out!

As everyone has said it was great to meet such a nice bunch of
people and enjoy the first class hospitality of Philly and family.

Thanks also to:

Tony, Alf, Chas and engineer 1 for demos.
(hope I didn't forget anyone?) -

Dave L as official photographer.

And my fellow curry heads Philly, Tombo, DaveL and Lynx

I am sure the woodworking shops will see a soar in sales this week.
I have already done some damage on the Axminster site.

Andy

Andy its starting to cost me to. Bought an original Incra jig, fence etc from Rockler for $60 + carriage. Been doing my research on the Unisaw and am about to buy my first plane - if only I could decide which one to buy as a first. The last time I used a plane was about 45 years ago at school. I will have to buy a sharpening stone and all the rest as well. Philly you should be on commission.

Paul Chapman":1nssp3c9 said:
I was particularly interested in saw sharpening and I'm very grateful to Alf for providing so many useful hints and tips into the black art - and it was a joy to see the many fine old saws she had brought back to life - and to buy one of them 8)

To think I try to give Alf tips/arguments on saw sharpening.

Assuming she's sharpened all the saws she'd owned, her experience vastly surpasses mine.

http://cornishworkshop.blogspot.com/200 ... -saws.html
http://cornishworkshop.blogspot.com/200 ... ensus.html

BugBear

bugbear":36sok0qd said:
Assuming she's sharpened all the saws she'd owned,
Big assumption there, BB... :lol:

bugbear":36sok0qd said:
her experience vastly surpasses mine.
Worth pointing out experience doesn't necessarily equate to ability. 8-[

Incidentally, not sure I created many converts to your rake doodah. The poking the eye out aspect was spotted before I gathered the breath to say it... :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":g8bp7ndc said:
Incidentally, not sure I created many converts to your rake doodah. The poking the eye out aspect was spotted before I gathered the breath to say it... :oops:

Cheers, Alf

That's what the magnifying reading glasses are for - protection from the rake control doodah!

BugBear

Philly":267cplj8 said:
You're very welcome, Gents. Thanks for making the day a great success =D> ...snip..'Til the next one?
Philly :D

Philly, Di wants to know where the WIP pictures are of the BLANKET CHEST,:twisted: I think Fiona might have passed a comment or two.. I presume we will be able to view it at the next bash. :lol:

CHJ":2bl73ojb said:
Philly":2bl73ojb said:
You're very welcome, Gents. Thanks for making the day a great success =D> ...snip..'Til the next one?

Philly, Di wants to know where the WIP pictures are of the BLANKET CHEST,:twisted: I think Fiona might have passed a comment or two.. I presume we will be able to view it at the next bash. :lol:
Ha, ha! :roll:
Now the girls are ganging up on me :lol:
Guess I better get back in that workshop.

:lol:

The UK Workshop Big Bash-Saturday 9th September
Don't miss it!

Should that not be the Saturday the 8th. :) bit early for me to commit at the moment I'm afraid.

Latest posts

Back