• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Fancy a Lifestyle Change? FS: Woodside Cottage with Large Workshop & Business

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainBarnacles

Established Member
Reaction score
By kind permission of @Noel I have been granted permission to post this here.

After much deliberation we have decided that we need to move house. When we bought this place 5 years ago we thought it was our forever home as it ticked virtually every box on our wishlist. The time we've had here has been incredible and our quality of life has increased immeasurably.

Up for sale is our 3 Bedroom former woodman’s cottage situated right on the edge of the magnificent Forest of Dean in a small hamlet near the village of Blakeney. You can literally open the back gate and walk straight into the woodland!

The property is situated on just over 1 acre of land and comprises:

• a 3 bedroom cottage which has been fully refurbished to a high standard
  • a stone-built 1 bedroom holiday cottage with hot-tub
  • a shepherd’s hut with a hot-tub which is also a holiday rental (the holiday cottage and hut provide a healthy income)
  • a former single garage which has been converted to a games room/home office
  • and best of all, as far as I’m concerned anyway, is the large stone-built workshop situated right beside the babbling brook which runs through the length of the garden.
  • There’s also a vegetable patch and a large raised bed, a poultry coup, mature fruit trees and an elevated patio area with amazing views of the whole valley.

The workshop measures 8.3m x 5.7m at it’s smallest internal dimensions and there’s a recently built, lean-to addition to the rear which covers another 40m2 or so, ideal for timber storage etc. In the last few years the workshop has been completely re-roofed and re-wired, and provision was made for a stove by the addition of a stainless flue pipe section through the roof. The building was originally a pub which fell into disuse around 1900 and was completely renovated/rebuilt and extended by the previous owner about 10 years ago. Both the workshop and the lean-to have concrete floors.

The property is currently being discreetly marketed so for full details and photos please contact our estate agent - LINK TO AGENT’S WEBSITE - or PM me and I can forward more pictures on to you or answer any general questions about the property.

Bristol, Gloucester, Cardiff, Newport, Monmouth, Cheltenham are all within commuting distance and the nearby town of Lydney has a railway station with direct trains to Gloucester, Cheltenham, Birmingham (and beyond), Cardiff and Swansea. Bristol and London require one change. The M4 and M5 are both about 20 minutes away

The whole property is listed at £899,999

Cottage001.jpg
Cottage004.jpg

Last edited:
Not looking to move but thanks for bringing it here, I really do hope you have, as you say "after much deliberation" as that appears to be as idyllic a spot and lifestyle as it’s possible to achieve.
If it’s too much work for you both you could maybe farm some of it out?
About the only thing I can think to add to that setup you have there is a series of generators in the brook.
Best of luck Ian

Not looking to move but thanks for bringing it here, I really do hope you have, as you say "after much deliberation" as that appears to be as idyllic a spot and lifestyle as it’s possible to achieve.
If it’s too much work for you both you could maybe farm some of it out?
About the only thing I can think to add to that setup you have there is a series of generators in the brook.
Best of luck Ian
Thank you Ian. It's more a case of location, the kids are at school about 35 minutes away and all of their sporting fixtures and social lives are up there too. We spend so much time and money running a taxi service that we eventually concluded that it would be beneficial to move into town for a few years, until the kids have moved out, then we can move back to the Forest again.

The property and business are surprisingly easy to run and for the income that they provide it feels like easy money. :D

If I had a penny for every time I've contemplated building some sort of water-driven turbine to help power the place! It's another one of those "never quite got around to it" projects. :)

Looks lovely. We just spent a week in Coleford with a large group of friends and greatly enjoyed the FOD, but also not looking to move anytime soon. Although I am quite partial to Brains Dark once in a while, which seems impossible to find this side of the Severn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back