UK Workshop Get-together Final Details

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To chairman Philly and all delegates, enjoy and have plenty of craic. Look forward to the pictures.

Noel

Looking forwards to tomorrow !

Planning to come down the M3/M27, but heard that the Romsey Show is on tomorrow so wondering if I might hit traffic problems and be best making a detour along the A30 instead to miss the worst of any congestion ?

Any advice from locals welcome !

Cheers, Paul. :D

I'm in Romsey and we locals just don't leave home when the show is on.
I don't know if it affects the M27 too much but if I were you I'd leave the M3 at the A303 and head southwest from there.

The show is only on Saturday so those staying overnioght should be fine to return via the motorways.

Good Luck

Bob

Way Hey! It's "Fun" day!!!! :D
Unfortuately I just cannot get the webcam working properly. Sorry :oops: But I will make sure plenty of photo's get posted.
See you all soon,
Philly :D

Thanks Philly, and to your better half and her helper for the tea and sarnies, had a great day and enjoyed meeting everybody.

Only problem is that now I definately have to get a bunch of other tools I never knew I needed, could be expensive !!!

And now I know the secret to to those tight fitting dovetails, thanks Tony, I'm off to get a bigger hammer :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

Yes, it was a really great day - and yes, Philly's place is just like Toy Town :shock: Never seen so many LN, LV and Clifton tools in any one place before.

It was lovely meeting so many Forum members and being able to put faces to names.

I was particularly interested in saw sharpening and I'm very grateful to Alf for providing so many useful hints and tips into the black art - and it was a joy to see the many fine old saws she had brought back to life - and to buy one of them 8)

Didn't manage to sneak out with the Wenzloff saw - but it was great just to see it. Mike, you're real master of the saw-making art 8)

Had a go with Philly's Veritas scrub plane. Wow, what fast stock removal. Got to have one 8)

A fabulous day, and Philly please pass on my thanks to your long-suffering wife for putting up with us and for the delicious refreshments.

Paul

Thankyou again Philly - the day was great and thank your wife for all her hard work. The only bad thing Philly is our visit is going to cost us loads of money buying planes and for me even more money buying a unisaw. Your Delta friend has nearly convinced me to spend all that extra on the Delta.
To all those anti dado people, Philly under much pressure from me gave us a very good(safe) dado experience. Thanks again Philly. Hope there is a repeat next year.

You're very welcome, Gents. Thanks for making the day a great success =D>
Barry-Glad you finally got to see some Dado action. And very pleased you are now a convert (nearly :lol: )
'Til the next one?

Been there got the Tea Shirt, what can I say, just great to see everyone having fun, currently trying to imagine the justification lines that are being concocted preparatory to the next must-have tool run.

Thanks to all in the Philly household for making us so welcome.

Philly":17s8ubd1 said:
Y And very pleased you are now a convert (nearly :lol: )
Since returning home I have been running the abacuss over the problem of the dust below the table with your unisaw - I will have to resort to my 5 PC network else some time on the Cray might be required.
Thanks again philly

Philly, thanks for organising and hosting what was a brilliant day. It was great to meet so many members of the forum and pick up plenty of tips and advice.
Can't wait till the next one!
Cheers
Stewart

Phil, thanks to both you and Mrs Phil for a brilliant day out. It was good to meet all those who were there and put faces to names. Look forward to Big Bash "07" :twisted: :D Thanks again
Mike

:D Thanks for a great day Philliy and to your beter half it was good to meet all the members that were there I'm sorry I had to leave early( page call from work) and thanks to lynx for the veneers.

Martyn

Thanks Phil

For me the outstanding things were (in order):

1. Your (and Mrs P's) generosity in arranging the day with T shirts food etc. AND allowing us to simply rifle through your drawers (ohh err etc. :D ) with no attempt to impress or gloat, just generosity of spirit. Nice one mate.

2. That furniture!! Impressive stuff :shock: (if you're interested, Krenov, then chair, then drinks cabinet were favs)

3 The tool collection that out-does many tool shops I have visited :shock: xmas list grown :lol: :lol:

Pass on my thanks to Mrs Philly and say hi to Daddies Apprentice!

Cheers

Tony

PS I even enjoyed doing the HT DT demo and glad people found it useful :shock: :shock:

PS the car made it home despite mine and Bean's wood collecting Yandles trip - just!!

Philly, great day out for me and the wife.

Please thank your wife from us, excellent nosh, and hospitality.

I have never known so many friendly people in one place befor.(With an e). Hope to see you all again soon.

Sheela would like to thank CHAS for his patience and enthusiasm. And Andy for the veneers.

The whole day was great fun and informative.

Again, thank you Philly and your wife.

May the force be with you all.

PS. Sorry Dave L, nearly forgot. Thank you for the Oak. It will go to good use. My first box perhaps.

ATB Gary & Sheela.

Well it was a pretty good day, eh? :D
First, may I send out my thanks to our guest demonstrators Chas, Alf and Tony. Give yourselves a slap on the back for doing such a great job in front of an audience-magic =D>
The workshop seemed a hell of a lot bigger when I went in this morning-who would of though we could 30 toolheads in on one go? :lol:
And thanks to all that could make it-your enthusiam and warmth made for a memorable day :D
Now, I have a lot of "making up" to do for the Missus........... :wink:
Cheers
Phil :D

Back