UK Workshop Get-together Final Details

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chas, you're not just a "who's coming", you're a (volunteered) Star Attraction with Actual Billing. :wink: Ack, I've nothing better to do, so I'll do an updated list and then folks can "ahem" at me for a week, then Philly can update and he can get "ahem-ed" for the final week... :wink: :lol:

Philly
Andy-Lynx
Paul Chapman
John Woodshavings
Alf
Tony
DaveL
Evergreen
Garywayne
Nigel
Martyn2
Martin King
MR (Mike Riley)
SVB
NickW
Stewart
Barry Burgess
Nads
Losos
Newt
Bean
Chas
Andy - ajbell
Ivan

I hope Philly will be ready with Duck tape and a marker pen to make some name tags...

Cheers, Alf

P.S. If anyone's in need of purchasing any tools they think I might have, feel free to PM and save postage... :whistle:

Alf":3gvb2jpt said:
Chas, you're not just a "who's coming", you're a (volunteered) Star Attraction with Actual Billing. :wink:...snip...

Dissapointments all round then :lol:

Made the mistake of browsing a magazine store in Brecon on the way home today.

Di wants to know who cleaned the shop up then :twisted: .

Apologlies Chas-as a "Star" I overlooked you on the list. :roll:
I have UK Workshop stickers at the ready for everyone(also signs to show you lot the way in). It seems that the Big-Bash is really coming together-hope I've got enough mugs for tea :wink:
Hopefully Dan Holton is coming along too(Norm called by his house for a cream tea the last time he was in the UK-Dan has lots of New Yankee stories!)
Looking forward to the big day,
Philly :D

Nah, he means who cleaned YOUR shop up Al. That's the problem with being in print :wink:
Veritas mug? You'll be getting a Lie-Nielsen t-shirt next....... 8-[

Philly":3hp4az96 said:
Nah, he means who cleaned YOUR shop up Al. That's the problem with being in print :wink:
Ohhhhhhhh - well 'tis amazing what you can do with camera angles and Photoshop... 8-[]

Philly":3hp4az96 said:
Veritas mug? You'll be getting a Lie-Nielsen t-shirt next....... 8-[
Heh heh, would the mug "accidentally" spill all over the shirt, d'you think? :roll: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hi all going to the Big Bash on the 9th!

I am fairly new to wood working and looking forward to learning
lots at the Big Day.

Would a kind soul be willing to bring along and sell me some hardwood
off cuts so I can start on the long road of hand made joints.

I need some wood suitable for hand preparing with a plane (once I learn how to set it up and sharpen it - I bought Rob Cosmans DVD at Westonbirt but I am sure he makes it look easier than it is!) and then proceed to jointing, dove tailing etc.

I don't really know what I need! Could someone give me "starter" supply of hardwood for approx £30?

Andy

Thanks Philly!

Does anyone fancy a quiet lemonade/beer/curry on the Friday
night before the meeting?

I am staying in a B&B on the Friday night so will have the evening to kill.

Andy

I was wondering about B&B ing the night before or on the day, but it struck me as being lazy. Might have to see how lazy I feel closer the day.
Mike

Philly and Lynx

So we may have atleast 3 for the "pre - Big Bash Curry Night"?

Anyone else interested ?

By the way I live near Birmingham so have no idea of which Curry Houses to go to (Hence the need to B&B) .

Philly can you suggest anywhere to eat?

AndyB

i just looked at the price of the local travel lodge, £65 a night.

Looks like i'm taking the sleeping bag and finding a grass verge somewhere :wink: , just hope it's near the curry house

So we may have atleast 3 for the "pre - Big Bash Curry Night"?

Aye up Philly, better make sure as well that the workshop is well ventilated on the day! :lol:

Ike

There's a real nice curry house in Broadstone (Bollywood Nights). Posh celebrity chef, so am dying to try that out. If not, there are half a dozen on Poole High Street. Not that I'm a curry head or anything :lol:

so whats the arrangement for the time before or after the event.

Are people planning on a few beers after and maybe a curry? or something the night before?

I have "class 1" clearance, so i want to make most of it :wink:

LyNx

I am staying in a B&B just round the corner from Philly.
It is £30 for the night including breakfast.

http://www.ashdell.co.uk/ It looks OK.

I am staying on the Friday night so It has to be that night for me.

I have to drive home on the Saturday night.

AndyB

Back