UK Workshop Get-together Final Details

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After much deliberation it looks like I won't be able to attend the day out, I'll be relaxing on the canals after a hard month at work. also I'm worried about getting dragged down the slope.

You all have a nice day out.

Philly I'll see you when I get back.

And a certain Mr Lee has promised to send some new Lee-Valley arrivals over for a peek preview

Thats very nice, but do we have to return them?? :wink: :wink:

Philly,

I’m interested in coming, as it’s clear I could learn a great deal from you guys, but it’s a bit of a drive…….1 ¾ hours (I live near Heathrow)? Is the day open to everyone, or just you long term members? :wink: Sorry to be a pain, but can I let you know a bit closer to the event?!

Cheers

Nads

Nads

Even though I'm not going, I can asure you the drive will be well worth it, evenif it's just to see Philly in his gloating finary. Make the effort you won't regret the day out.

Nads
No, the day is open to all members, regardless. It would be great to see you, and as Waka says, well worth the drive.
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":23wzazmd said:
...snip...
Chas ...snip... Makes piles of sawdust with Philly's timber. Also replacement handles.Philly :D

Ahheeemmmm, wer d-yow come from, expectin useful stuff an all. :shock: sneaky :!:

Wot andles yer after Philly, do you have/need ferules?

Anyway, Alice is the one for handles:
chiselhandle14.jpg
:lol:

He he... :D Don't worry Chas, just trying to give Alf some competition :lol:
Mind you, if Al starts turning bowls you better watch out :wink:
Cheers

Philly":bp4d2sku said:
You're telling me - on previous evidence the blank'll be flying across the room... :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":2ymdh0e0 said:
Philly":2ymdh0e0 said:
You're telling me - on previous evidence the blank'll be flying across the room... :shock: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

If you haven't ripped at least one out of the chuck, you ain't trying hard enough!!!!

Taffy (INCOMING!!!) Turner

LyNx":33gqsr6g said:
And a certain Mr Lee has promised to send some new Lee-Valley arrivals over for a peek preview

Thats very nice, but do we have to return them?? :wink: :wink:

Hi -

Tell you what Andy... they can all stay on your side of the pond... I'll put a really fair price (meaning low) on each, and you can pull names out of a hat for the right to buy one (if no interest, pull another name)... and Philly picks a charity to get the proceeds....

Hows that??

Cheers -

Rob

Rob Lee":3pxghdja said:
...you can pull names out of a hat for the right to buy one (if no interest, pull another name)...
Hah! More like "if no interest, seek medical attention immediately"...

Very generous of you, Rob. =D> But you've now doubled the likely pilgrims and probably means I'll actually have to do this darn saw sharpening thing now #-o :lol:

Cheers, Alf

I'll be there too. Just don't tell my mum [-X :-# - she'll expect me to drop in on the way past. 8-[

I’ve shuffled around a few things and should now defiantly be able to make the get-together on Saturday 9th :p . A weekend of woodwork that’s what I like - Yandles on Friday, UKworkshop Day Saturday. I’m really looking forward to finally meeting some of you guys, plus Philly’s waterstone demonstration. I’ve been using waterstone for a little while now, and it’ll be good to see the correct techniques/procedures.

I’ve got a bit of a favour to ask you guys :? ? As some of you might already know from the ‘hand tools’ section of the forum I currently looking for a new set of chisels. I was just wondering if a few of you guys might be able to bring along a few sets of chisels (Ashly Iles, Sorby, Kirscen, L-N) along so I can do a bit of a comparison, and see them in the flesh?

Do I need to bring anything? - food, drink, tools?!

Cheers Guys :D

Nads

Nads
Excellent, be great to meet you!
I have the L-N chisels, hopefully some other owners could fetch the others?
Other wise Nads, just bring yourself. :wink:
Cheers

Nads
I have the Kirscen chisels which I will bring along for you to view then perhaps Philly can show us how they should be sharpened :lol:

Nigel

Am hoping to get there and if so I can bring Ashley Iles chisels (and a collection of blunt saws - Allllfffffff).
Cheers MR

Latest posts

Back