UK Workshop Get-together Final Details

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
UK Workshop Get-together 2006

Hi Folks

We are a month away from the UK Workshop big get-together, an event I’m really looking forward to. Here is some useful information.

When?
Between 9am and 6pm, Saturday the 9th September
Where?

Why?
This is your chance to:
Meet other forum members in the flesh
Try out tools
Chat ‘til you go hoarse
Share your favorite techniques
Have a good time amongst like-minded woodworkers

Food and drink will be provided.
If you would like to try out a particular tool please drop me a PM and I will try to arrange for one to be brought along by a forum member who owns one.

Accomodation
There are plenty of B+B's, Hotels and travelodge's in the immediate area.
Here is a link to Poole Tourism
There are two Premier Travel Inn's within a mile or so.
If you are having difficulties PM me.

Directions
You can get free directions here.
Again, please PM me if you need further assistance.

If you are interested in attending would you mind sending me a PM so I can get an idea of how many of you will be turning up. Wouldn't want to run out of beer to quickly :wink:
And remember-all are welcome, so please don't feel embarressed. Come on by and say "Hello" :D
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":38iu1hfe said:
If you would like to try out a particular tool please drop me a PM and I will try to arrange for one to be brought along by a forum member who owns one.
I'm sorry, but I don't care how desperate someone is - I ain't bringing the Maxi... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Philly - would like to come, but will be on annual hols, so will miss this one :cry: :cry: but should be able to make it another time - Poole not too far from Salisbury. Would obviously be very interested to hear feedback about the day - Rob

Alf":1fyx7c3j said:
I'm sorry, but I don't care how desperate someone is - I ain't bringing the Maxi... :wink: :lol:

Wot? Not even if they want to buy it?? :lol:

Hi All,
I briefly kicked this around with Philly and he thought there might be some merit to it.
I live pretty much on the route between Yandles and Philly (give or take a few miles), in the village of Broadmayne so it ocurred to me that people might like a kind of 'tea and pee' stop to break the trip going either way.
I am not yet sure which day I am going to Yandles myself but if there is any interest will sort it out in good time.
Be nice to meet folks and have a natter.
What does the team think?
Regards
Martin

Waka":fd89sg6d said:
I'm all for a tea & pee stop, as long as you don't try to drag us down the slope.

I think that is to late :whistle: 8-[ :) :whistle:
Sorry Phil I will not make it this time as I will be away training that weekend :( and I was looking forward to it.

Well enjoy everone and I will cross my fingers for good weather :)

Alf":28qt3es9 said:

Very wise, you need a much more reliable car for that sort of journey.

I'll be on hols, and it's a very long way from here, anyway, but I hope you all have a great time.

Martyn2
Long journey? :lol: I'll pick you up, shall I? :wink:
LyNx
I'll post a list soon.
Steve
Thanks-I'm hoping to set up a web-cam so you can still "be there".
Cheers

Paul Chapman":98ro6kyc said:
Philly":98ro6kyc said:
I'm hoping to set up a web-cam

:shock: Does that mean we will need to wear something smart :shock:

Paul

ooh I'll bring me pinny. :roll:
Dscn3471s.jpg

And of course my 'tap tap' safety glasses. 8)

Darn Philly,
You should have kept it quiet! You could buy a few more of Mike's saws with what some folk would have paid not to appear on the www. :lol:

LOL :lol:
Worry not, folks. I'll make sure you all know where the camera is so you can avoid the limelight. Although that won't help you with my digi-camera :twisted:
Cheers

["Philly"]Martyn2
Long journey? :lol: I'll pick you up, shall I? :wink:

if I start out a week befor I might make it :? :D

martyn

Folks
A quick update on the Big Days proceedings........

Saw sharpening by Alf
Learn how to sharpen your hand saws, the tools needed and the know-how.

Waterstones with Philly
Sharpening your irons and chisels with waterstones-from initial preperation to final honing.

Turning
Chas has (been) volunteered to demonstrate his turning prowess. Makes piles of sawdust with Philly's timber. Also replacement handles.

Powertool Excess
Get your hands on big lumps of cast iron. You may even catch a glimpse of a dado :twisted:

I have also heard rumours of real Cornish clotted cream appearing. And a certain Mr Lee has promised to send some new Lee-Valley arrivals over for a peek preview. :shock: :D

So don't miss out-all welcome! If you have some technique you would like to share please PM me.

Back