A Woodturning get together in Wales?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where in Wales should we hold a get together?

• North Wales (north of a line from Dolgellau to Welshpool)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • South East (south of Brecon, east of Bridgend)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • South West (south of Brecon, west of Bridgend)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Mid-Wales (the remainder i.e. between Dolgellau/Welshpool and Brecon)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Anybody wants a meal booking in a nice little tavern not far from the venue let me know ill book a table or 2 perhaps good menu order when you get there and good beer if your not driving perhaps a chance for a good chin wag after the show swop some tips comments etc
Regards
Bill

EnErY":26erilzz said:
Anybody wants a meal booking in a nice little tavern not far from the venue let me know ill book a table or 2 perhaps good menu order when you get there and good beer if your not driving perhaps a chance for a good chin wag after the show swop some tips comments etc
Regards
Bill

Good idea, Bill. However, I will need to get away probably not long after 4.00pm which is when the event closes according to your information. Is the tavern an all day place, and what time of day did you envisage adjourning there? If we are meeting up around 9.00am and looking around the show, then maybe a late lunch at the tavern might be suitable. Any thoughts?

I will not be able to attend as it is just too far but I am sure everyone will have a great time. I look forward to seeing the reports - and remember -

No photos - it didn't happen :)

regards to all

Brian

Aled Dafis":3srb66b8 said:
I was planning to go to the ISCA show (Paul, the guy that runs it was a technician at the University of Glamorgan many moons ago - a great guy!) and it would have been good to meet up with fellow UKWorkshoppers, but unfortunately the WJEC have just offered me a bit of marking work - GCSE Design and Technology - and the meeting is on the 18th GRRR!!!
Hi Aled
Had A conversation with Paul today Mentioned You were Going to attend he sends His best wishes He does remember his fruitful time at The College . Many happy days
Regards
Bill

EnErY":20gnvizp said:
Regards
Bill

Bill,

I am game for a late lunchtime meal before heading back to mid-Wales, and am happy to join you at your selected venue.

We have had no further takers for the meet up from either Welsh or other woodturners; I suggest that we fix the attendance at what we have, with the proviso that a name can always be added at the last minute.

Time to finalise this get together:-

Venue: Isca Woodcrafts, Tredegar House, Newport.
Date: Saturday 18th May 2013
Time: meet in the car park at 9.00 am

Attendees:- EnErY, henton49er, =Adam= (possibly), VikingAl (possibly), nev (probably), spinks (plus Mrs spinks), Paul Hannaby (working on the AWGB stand)

EnErY is arranging for three parking spaces to be reserved for those who have said they are definitely going (EnErY, henton49er and spinks). I am assuming that Paul Hannaby will get a space anyway as he is working at the show (If that is not correct Paul, please let EnErY know). Those who are only possibly attending will have to park where they can.

EnErY is also booking a table at a local hostelry for lunch (at the moment this is only for two of us - EnErY and henton49er - if you want to join in, then PM EnErY a.s.a.p. to include you in the booking).

Any problems, please PM me.

Looking forward to this....we will do our very best to be there by nine, but we have to drop my son home to his mothers before heading up and he isnt the best in the mornings!!! I am assuming the place is easy to find and the parking is signposted....I'll be in the discovery probably and I have my name on it!

I will definitely be there!. Don't worry about a parking space, I'd get lost in a cardboard box so would take me longer to find it than attending the day!.

This is a final call for those attending the Isca Woodcrafts Open Day on 18th May. (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

If you want either a reserved parking space or a booking at a local tavern for lunch, please PM EnErY no later than the end of tomorrow (Monday 6th) if you have not already done so. After that you will have to take pot luck. :D :D

Looking forward to meeting up. :D :D

we'll be there, parking spot would be appreciated but we will have to five lunch a miss as we will be heading back early afternoon due to other commitments. Is it just a case of following the signs for tredegar house from the M4 and Isca is signposted from there??

Isca are in the outbuilding range (left hand side when looking from the car park) of The National Trust managed Tredegar House.
So just follow the National Trust signs

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/tredega ... -get-here/

Zoom above linked Map for approach road layout.
bash.jpg

Attachments

• bash.jpg
    bash.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 737
Don't forget our get together is at Isca Woodcrafts Open Day in Newport this Saturday. :D :D :D

See:- http://www.iscawoodcrafts.co.uk/contact.html for location.

Car parking is Pay & Display; spaces have been reserved (thanks EnErY) for EnErY, spinks, Paul Hannaby and henton49er (but you still have to pay the parking fees :( :( ). Everyone else attending takes pot luck on getting a space.

We will meet up at the AWGB stand between 09.00 and 09.30.

Lunch has been organised at a local hostelry (thanks again EnErY) but there are only three takers for this (Paul Hannaby, EnErY and henton49er). Again, pot luck for those who have not indicated that they want a lunch arranged.

Looking forward to meeting up on Saturday!! (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

So sorry guys....been looking forward to this for an age now but circumstance has conspired with fate and stopped me from attending! Maybe next time....SORRY!!!

Back