A Woodturning get together in Wales?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Where in Wales should we hold a get together?

• North Wales (north of a line from Dolgellau to Welshpool)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • South East (south of Brecon, east of Bridgend)

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • South West (south of Brecon, west of Bridgend)

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Mid-Wales (the remainder i.e. between Dolgellau/Welshpool and Brecon)

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
spinks":14z6yaa3 said:
So sorry guys....been looking forward to this for an age now but circumstance has conspired with fate and stopped me from attending! Maybe next time....SORRY!!!

Sorry to hear that, spinks ....... and you with a reserved parking space as well!!

Does anyone else want spinks's parking space???

Is it me or is the world against me this morning?!. Now awaiting, hopefully, the imminent arrival of the AA. Hopefully I will be able 2 show my face their but what time I have no idea.

Sorry not to have met up with anyone, was there about 9.30, wandered up to the show area as they were setting up and then went back for a cappuccino in the NT restaurant.

A browse around the Isca shop wood store and another 1/2 hr. or so around the stalls and demonstrators after a few more folks arrived.
Not the best of venues for viewing, the main lighting being the NT sodium lights focused on the roof space to highlight the roof structure.
Then as we have wandered around the house and grounds several times before it was back via Bristol for a Loch Fyne lunch and a bit of Dockside browsing and none essential retail therapy.

Must be getting cynical in my old age as I'm afraid the event although having a few more participants did not have the pizazz my memory associated with the early Isca in Risca days or a day out at other events.

CHJ":1bs7zwug said:
Sorry not to have met up with anyone

I don't know how we managed to miss you, Chas!!

I arrived about 09.00 and helped Paul Hannaby and Martin Lawrence of AWGB set up their stand just inside the main door. I was at that stand when EnErY arrived (at 09.15 or so) and we both stayed there until around 09.45 before looking round the stalls.

Back