UK Workshop Get-together Final Details

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Philly,
What a fabulous day :D After leaving you I had to drive into the wilds of Suffolk so that's why I've only just got on a 'puter :!:

Very much enjoyed putting names to faces. Alf, Chas, Tony, great demos.
I learned something from all of you & that's what it's all about.

Like everyone has said a big big thankyou is also due to Mrs. Philly for allowing a bunch of people she had never met before, from all parts of the country (and even abroad) to just walk into her house. Wonderful.

What more can I say, Philly you are to be congratulated on organising a terrific day, and I can only add that another next year would definately be on my 'must go' list so whenever & wherever as long as the date is posted on this site I'll be there.

To all the people I met (I think that was nearly everyone) you could fly over to Czechland if you wanted :) but I don't have anywhere near Phillys tool collection to ogle over :wink:

The pictures continue. :D
Alf with her shop made saw vice. 8)
Nigel in the background, Stewart with Nads an unsupported face. :?
Half of Chisel, sorry Paul with Tony engrossed in something I managed to cut out of the frame. :oops:
I am pleased with this one, I tried many times to get shavings flying, there they go, nice one Chas. \:D/
This is Dan, provider of Philly's heavy weight gloat. :mrgreen:
Part of Tonys hounds tooth demo. Impressive :D (The middle 2 are through the window hence some reflections.)
Alf, Martin, Nick W and Andy, with one of Martins finds, a hard wood casing for a small back saw, looks a good idea.
Paul Chapman and Bean, with Beans writing slope.
Nick W with Alf, so just how old is that saw?
Here we have Phillys heavy weight gloat, it took 4 to walk it across the road and up the drive, the biggest Delta thicknesser I have seen in the metal. Green well some of us were, its just space, that’s why I don't have one. :^o
Good job there was a responsible person there to fit the plug, well done Nigel :wink:
Here we have MR, Mike Riley checking out the new Lee Valley tools that Rob sent over, shame Rob could not make it himself.
Chas starts on a new blank, I did not get a picture of the finish work, I hope some else did. :roll:
Now this is one of MikeWs saws what a good saw, looks superb, fits the hand so that it becomes an extension of the arm. :D But Mike you NEED an etch when you are making such good tools you should have your name on them.

Well no one has shouted that the links don't work so the last post must of been OK.

I have the files that came out of the camera, much bigger, so if you would like one (or some) then send me an email with your email address in, along with the number of the file, find that in the address bar when displaying the picture and I will send them to you.

I know others took pictures, if you are having problems posting them please contact me, I may be able to help. I know I did not get everything, I had to leave early so did not see all of you.

DaveL":pff8pr1o said:
The pictures continue...Now this is one of MikeWs saws what a good saw, looks superb, fits the hand so that it becomes an extension of the arm. :D But Mike you NEED an etch when you are making such good tools you should have your name on them.
Dave--thank you so much for all the pictures and taking the time to post them!

Thank you for the kind words. The etch is a work in progress. Right now it is working, but only on 8 of 10 saw blades. Still too high of failure rate for the time it takes to get the steel ready for an etch.

I am due for a call back from the company making the equipment as I write this.

Take care, Mike

DaveL":2756zqoe said:
....snip....
Chas starts on a new blank, I did not get a picture of the finish work, I hope some else did. :roll:

Dave; It's in the hands of Mrs. Philly, just in case she has not got enough bits of wood about the house.

Sheela (Mrs Gary Wayne) has the one she fell down the slope with.

Sheela's other hands on, is awaiting me finishing off the lid. (there are some tools philly does not have :shock: )

How old is that saw? Nah, more like "wish I'd brought a satin finish rule to measure this ppi..." :lol:

Great piccies, Dave. Thanks for being the official photographer. =D>

Cheers, Alf

Re-Pics,

Any of the rabble that made it to The Bash please check the Rogues Gallery and shout if I've got names wrong or you are too embarrassed at the image. Obviously I will correct/remove etc. to meet wishes.
(You can always send me a more flattering one)

Thanks.

Hi all.

Here are some pics of the bowl Chas and Sheela produced. In fact, the bowl is on the table Sheela is veneering. This is the first time she has ever seen veneer, let alone cut it and stuck it down. SHMBO says it must be known that the bowl was at least 90% Chas's work.(Perhaps 70%).

I apologise for the quality of the pics.

Firstbowl-a.jpg

Firstbowl-d.jpg

Firstbowl-e.jpg

Firstbowl-k.jpg

Sorry I have no more pictures, Dave has covered everything that I have. I was to engrossed in what was going on to take more pictures.

Sorry, I have put up "thumbnails" thinking you could enlarge them in the thread. I am obviously wrong.

I had the pleasure of seeing that bowl just after Chas and Sheela had finished it. It looked beautiful and the finish was so silky smooth 8) 8)
Well done Chas and Sheela =D> =D>

Paul

garywayne":eo9f4c9i said:
Hi all.

Here are some pics of the bowl Chas and Sheela produced. In fact, the bowl is on the table Sheela is veneering. This is the first time she has ever seen veneer, let alone cut it and stuck it down. SHMBO says it must be known that the bowl was at least 90% Chas's work.(Perhaps 70%).

It was not me who turned around and exclaimed "Did You See How Much Wood I was Cutting There" and "it's so easy" followed by "the tool note changed so I stopped" a natural ability for sure.

The Slope steepens :twisted: and in two directions at once now the veneer has met the stanley knife. What next, (besides Sheela signing up to the forum), an inlaid bowl or platter maybe.

Latest posts

Back