A Bad Day at the Office

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Perrin

Established Member
Reaction score
Ever had one of those days when nothing goes right.

Got a chance to get up the shed today to do a bit of turning as the Mrs is recovering well from her recent illness.

After several attempts at trying to get the outside of a Spalted Beech Vase smooth and ready for sanding I eventually polished it and started to part it off. I can't believe that I parted it off too far up from the base and ended up with a bottomless vase.

Never mind, I had left a lovely piece of vintage pen rod almost finished on my little Axi lathe and thought I will finish the fountain pen off. First touch of the tool I had a dig in which split half of the rod from the brass pen tube.

No more turning for me today I thought as everything I touch I am cocking up.

Quick shower and time for a sit down under the gazebo with a nice glass of Red.

Whilst removing the cork the bottle ( last one) slipped out of my hand and smashed on the patio floor.

Hope I have a better day tomorrow .

#-o Vic #-o

don't u just hate them days

not too often but u just know when to just give up

Steve

Look on the bright side things only happen in threes well that is today's three so you only have just under an hour for it to start all over again :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted:

If I'd had a day like that I'd have been on the floor with a straw, I'll take my chances with the glass :lol:
There's always tomorrow, Carpe Diem.

Yep, some days you have to just find something else to do. I have a bin of offcuts and scraps and usually get them out and turn mushrooms, key rings, things that are useful for the stall but not wasted if I go wrong.

pete

JimB":39mxw074 said:
I usually get the shop vac out when a day turns out like that - and then I trip over the flex!

Jim, I honestly forgot to mention that. I got my shop vac out after my disasters, and i also tripped over the suction hose and broke the fitting where it attached to the vac.

Vic

Vic Perrin":3nfc0rgy said:
Jim, I honestly forgot to mention that. I got my shop vac out after my disasters, and i also tripped over the suction hose and broke the fitting where it attached to the vac.
Vic
I think the time has come to invest in cask wine and plastic glasses. :D

I had a below knee amputation, fell on it and had to have an above knee amputation. Come home after three months in hospital to think about selling the house we bought in November and look for a bungalow, only to have an adverse mundic test and find we can't afford to sell the house because we will take a £30,000 hit on the price. Not a day, maybe, but sure as hell a lousy six months.
(Mundic is concrete made with mine waste)

phil.p":3kh2qvlp said:
I had a below knee amputation, fell on it and had to have an above knee amputation. Come home after three months in hospital to think about selling the house we bought in November and look for a bungalow, only to have an adverse mundic test and find we can't afford to sell the house because we will take a £30,000 hit on the price. Not a day, maybe, but sure as hell a lousy six months.

Makes my bad day look a bit pathetic. Good Luck to you with everything

Vic

phil.p":r33ssgdh said:
That puts all our woes into proportion Phil.

Back