Yandles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Philly - you're a star...at last the burning and all important question in the OP has an answer :lol:...BTW had a great day with Martin and Waka yesterday :wink: - Rob

Hello there cats,

I am planning on turning out for this event. I will be staying at a place called "The Lord Poulett Arms" on Friday night. In a place called Hinton St George.

I will have to leave very early to get to the show Friday afternoon, as I have a job to do in Birmingham on the way.

If anyone would like a beer/meal Friday night, please give me a shout.
Gastro pub of the year and real ale as well. :D :D

Hope to meet up with other members and have some fun.

Cheers, Tony.

Bumpity Bump - in case people haven't seen this thread.
See y'all there.

Cheers Mike

As an extra incentive - David Charlesworth will be spending the Friday (and possibly the Saturday too) sharing my bench!
So a perfect opportunity to have a chat with the man himself!
Philly :D

Yandles time again... \:D/ my 2 favourite times of the year... :oops:

i'll be there all day friday...need to see Ray at the triton stand... 8)

Yes, Yandles have had a shift around and have replaced that awful matting in the shop with a new concrete floor and moved the machinery and finishing products around.

There's also some special demo's throughout the day and certain times...with seating for about 50 so i beleive...that should be busy :lol:

Seating for about 50? That doesn't sound like a lot! :shock:

Not long to go now - really looking forward to this! But, will be struggling to resist the temptation to buy too much! :D :wink:

i'm worried that a visit will mean i end up blowing some cash on :

planer / thicknesser
or
bandsaw
or
dust extractor

when I haven't got space for any of them :(

it was either 50 or 80...not many.
the guy behind the counter last time i was there said get to the demo area early for the one you wan't as they are expecting big numbers

I'd be very worried then, if I were you, Paul! Last year, I ended up buying my new planer-thicknesser before I'd sold my old one, even thought I said I wouldn't - but because I saved £50! :)

When I last went to Yandles, they only had the Record Power P/T and it's SIP clone; neither of which are as solid as my Axminster AW106PT. 8) They do stock Scheppach stuff though, but I don't remember seeing any of their planers on show in January?

As for bandsaws, you'll be drawn to the Record Power saws I'm sure - the tables very, very shiny indeed...! :shock:

Of course, you cannot buy a planer-thicknesser WITHOUT having decent dust extraction to go with it. I guess the same could also be said of the bandsaw, if you don't have something in place already?

Philly":3n17h75s said:
As an extra incentive - David Charlesworth will be spending the Friday (and possibly the Saturday too) sharing my bench!
So a perfect opportunity to have a chat with the man himself!

Ooh! I hope that he is staying for the Saturday as that is the only time I can get down (I did a deal with the wife - I look after the kids so she can go to the re-enactors fair, and she looks after the kids so I can go to Yandles ;)

Is there a standard way of recognising other people from the forums, or do I just wander up to Philly's stall and say "Hi I'm Frugal from the UK Workshop forums" ;)

... After a quick look at the map, I could go down the M5 to get there and then I could take the A303/A37 to maybe come back up past Interesting Timbers if my wallet allows ;)

Saturday! Saturday!

How to find others? Look for a group of people who don't look like they'd normally hang about together but are busy convincing each other that they should buy it!

I'm up for a meeting time and place if somebody is willing to allow a gathering at their stand.

Dave (who will be there on Saturday...just in case you hadn't guessed)

The meeting place from previous visits was at Chestnuts Finishing stand at 12 O/clock that is if Terry Smart of Chestnut Products still doesn't mind,

Please be mindful that it is a trade stand and not block access to his customers,

I'm sure Terry who is a member of this forum will shout if it is not ok,

Cheers Nigel

frugal":2ddshb8m said:
Is there a standard way of recognising other people from the forums, or do I just wander up to Philly's stall and say "Hi I'm Frugal from the UK Workshop forums" ;)

That will work!! :lol:
Or 12-o-clock at Chestnut Finishes.
And don't forget rogues gallery to see who's who!

Be great to meet both new and old members this weekend.

I'll be helping Philly sell and demonstrate his planes on the Saturday, and looking forward to seeing you all there

We will be next to Classic hand tools stand, so watch out for your wallet as they have such wonderful tools every year (I spent hundreds there last year oops: :oops: - but then, Waka was with me :wink: : ) :lol:

I'll be there both days and Andy King is going to join me on the Joint-Genie stand on Saturday... I look forward to meeting some of you!

Ralph :wink:

I am very disapointed that I will not be able to get along to this show. :cry:

But you all have a good time, take pictures and post them. :D

I hope to get along to the one later in the year and if things go anything like to plan there will be another Sudbury bash as well. \:D/

Is there a list or schedule available online anywhere that shows you which events are going to start at what times? I've seen a flyer for the Record Power demo's with Alan Holtham but, despite naming all the demonstrators on their website, Yandles don't appear to give away any more information?

Olly - the show starts at 10.00am on both days. I phoned Yandles this morning and the person I spoke to just said that the demo's start at the same time, apparantly on a rolling basis. She was unable to give me any times.

Back