Yandles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke":23cmzumv said:
Paul Chapman":23cmzumv said:
I hope to get along there :)

Cheers :wink:

Paul

Paul - you fancy doing the same as we did last year? - Rob

Wot, you mean you want me to buy you a ham sandwich again :shock: :lol:

Yes, OK, that would be good :)

Paul

Paul Chapman":2mn2bfk8 said:
woodbloke":2mn2bfk8 said:
Paul Chapman":2mn2bfk8 said:
I hope to get along there :)

Paul

Paul - you fancy doing the same as we did last year? - Rob

Wot, you mean you want me to buy you a ham sandwich again :shock: :lol:

Yes, OK, that would be good :)

Paul

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...sorted, see you on Tuesday about 11ish - Rob

Sorry to butt in, but I'll ask again!

I can't make this show but may be able to go in September - will it be the same format, does anyone know? Is it worth getting B&B and spending the whole day there, bearing in mind that Mrs Smudger is also a crafty/woody?

Smudger":1q63l0l3 said:
Sorry to butt in, but I'll ask again!

I can't make this show but may be able to go in September - will it be the same format, does anyone know? Is it worth getting B&B and spending the whole day there, bearing in mind that Mrs Smudger is also a crafty/woody?

I see no reason that it would not be, they all tend to be similar.
There are quite a few changes going on at the yard recently but all for the better and as on my recent visit it was obvious that they are having a clear out of the site I can foresee that they could well be enlarging the covered display area.

Although the venue is not as large as some of the 'national' exhibition sheds it is not unknown to find oneself lost in the place for most of the day.

The better half should find enough of interest to tug at her purse strings somewhat.

Dick - I haven't been to the one in September but I think it runs along the same sort of lines as the one in April. No doubt others may be along shortly who've been to the September gathering and will be able to give you the run-down on what it's like

Edit: Waka and Chas beat me to it- Rob

I'm in need of more white goods, :) thats what I tell the misses.

Thinking of buying a Jet air filter unit, anyone got one?

Are they worth the bother, how often would a hobbyist need to clean out the filter or how long do the filters last before replacement?
At my age (in 70's) will it now make any difference whether the air is clean or not :wink:
Lastly what sort of discount could I expect from the show at Yandles?
(there are 15% discounts around at the moment in catalogues)

Thanks for that. We are breaking a stay in France so that Mrs S can do the Hampton Court show, and if we stay over a few days we can go to Yandles - I've never thought of it before, because it is the first week of term.

But not next September!

olly, i'm 24, although i have never been to yandles, i have been to other tool shows, demos etc, everyone is always very friendly, and i've never seemed to stick out like a sore thumb.

davejester":15y3ryvl said:
Olly,

don't worry, I'm not as young as you but I'm far from my forties.

Dave

What's wrong with being in your forties anyway :shock: :lol:

Looking forwards to the Yandles show and meeting up with everybody......

Cheers, Paul. :D

chisel":2uwgtqyw said:
davejester":2uwgtqyw said:
Olly,

don't worry, I'm not as young as you but I'm far from my forties.

Dave

What's wrong with being in your forties anyway :shock: :lol:

Looking forwards to the Yandles show and meeting up with everybody......

Cheers, Paul. :D
....or even your fifties, see you there Paul :lol: - Rob

OPJ":1xvvyek9 said:
I'm hopefully going, for the very first time as well.

As it's Easter time, I can probably go on either day. I imagine it would be quieter on the Friday when some people would still be at work? Is there anything I'm likely to miss out on going one day rather than the other?

Now, I'm not trying to suggest that any of you might be old as such but, I want to ask whether many "younger" people tend to show up? I'm only 22 and am just wondering if I'm gonna stick out like a sore thumb... :oops:

Are there any deals or buys in particular people are looking out for this year? I'm very tempted to spend money I don't really have on a lathe of some kind, though I may just come home with some obscure timbers and turning blanks, and use a friend's lathe instead.

Olly,

I'm aiming to head down there on the friday. I'm 33 so 50% older than you but hopefully still in the young'ish bracket :wink:

Being 58 have I missed the plot or dates here. People are talking about easter time. I thought easter weekend was the 21st March, maybe being older it takes longer to reach me.

I will have to get my citroen diesel zimmer out to take me there on the friday. All being well if I can get there is it the chestnut stand at 12 and teas booked to phillys account as he is a demonstrator.

Les

Hi Les I think people are talking about the school holidays which are after Easter as it is so early this year

It will be nice to meet up with you again on the friday and if all else fails we can hold a demonstration at Phillys stand till he buys the teas to get rid of us,

Cheers Nigel

Discounts - Yandles generally give a 10% discount on all the stuff bought through their tills including timber.

Other stalls - some have special show offers though last year CHT would only give me 7% discount on a £260 plane - which I turned down as they generally have a 10% sale sometime in the year?
It's probably not the best show if you are into machines but it is very friendly, it's not a bad journey from where I live and I use it as an excuse to buy some exotic timbers :)

And yes both the Spring and Autumn shows are pretty similar. Car parking is free.

Rod

I've had a chat with the management at Yandles and they have agreed to let me have a 10% discount on teas - so looks like they are on me :lol:
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back