Yandles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Yandles show is on the horizon next month. I'll be there on the Sat (hopefully), but the burning and all important questions is ....

.....who'll be buying the T's this year? :lol: - Rob

I shall see you there then perhaps. No idea about days as yet though.
Cheers Mike

mr":1apeoaqy said:
I shall see you there then perhaps. No idea about days as yet though.
Cheers Mike

Mike - look forward to seeing you again and having a good natter :) - Rob

I hope to be there one of the two days but haven't decided yet.

Dave

I'll be there both days - complete with my bench and a bunch of planes at the Classic Hand Tools stand!!! :D
You MUST stop by and say "Hi"!
Philly :D

Philly, have you employed Waka to encourage people to spend money on your planes? :wink:

Looking forward to seeing your work close up.

Dave

I should be there if I can get the same lovely board and lodging in Weymouth as las year :wink:

Might bring Bean again too :wink:

I'm hopefully going, for the very first time as well.

As it's Easter time, I can probably go on either day. I imagine it would be quieter on the Friday when some people would still be at work? Is there anything I'm likely to miss out on going one day rather than the other?

Now, I'm not trying to suggest that any of you might be old as such but, I want to ask whether many "younger" people tend to show up? I'm only 22 and am just wondering if I'm gonna stick out like a sore thumb... :oops:

Are there any deals or buys in particular people are looking out for this year? I'm very tempted to spend money I don't really have on a lathe of some kind, though I may just come home with some obscure timbers and turning blanks, and use a friend's lathe instead.

I think you will very likely be the youngest person ever to grace Yandles :) other than the odd kid that might get dragged along, still don't let that put you off.
There are the odd show deals to be had here and there Yandles themselves do 10% (I think) off all timber bought on the day - which is all the excuse I need to stock up :)

Cheers Mike

Olly
You'll love it! As for the youngest person there? Well, there is a good mix of "types" there, nothing to worry about. :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

I can't make it in April, but may be able to do the September event. Is it the same format? Is it as good? Would it be worth an overnighter in a B&B?

I intend to go along on the Friday and get some more wood,
sorry I wont be able to buy the teas for you Rob,

Look forward to seeing Argee and Philly again on their respective stands and maybe even Waka as Phillys minder,

Cheers Nigel

Sorry to disappoint guys but I'll be in Singapore soaking up some sun, tiger beer and good food, but you al have a good time and don't spend too much hard earned cash.

Olly,

don't worry, I'm not as young as you but I'm far from my forties. Havn't met many of the ukworkshop crew but the ones I have met have been very friendly.

Just watch out for Philly and his camera. You'll be in the rogues gallery before you know it.

Dave

Waka You not going could put a big dent in yandles takings, but them it could be very kind to our wallets :wink:

Back