Quantcast

Xmas box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Not having any Xmas office parties to go to in my retirement I managed to keep myself occupied in the workshop over the last seven days. I was having trouble with my waste offcuts box overflowing so decided to thin the stock down making the following.

Two boxes completed, and a third box awaiting to be cut apart. The box with partitions is going to be used to put a large quantity of screws I inherited many years ago from my father in law, (he never through anything away) the small box holds my diamond sharpening plates (cheapoes) and honing guide together with a piece of timber used as a former to set the angles required by distance (namely 1 1/4" * 1 1/2") the third box (largest) will hold the cardboard carton screw boxes that I have been acquiring myself over the last three years.

Two days left until the holidays, what can I do next :) :x :)

radicalwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Nice ones Devon,

particually like the one with the dividers, are they tenoned into the box?

Cheers Neil

Waka

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Nice ones DW, look to good for screws etc.

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
Lovely boxes DW and a lot neater than the rows of odd jars glass jars that I keep my screws in.

devonwoody":2cnh58jc said:
Two days left until the holidays, what can I do next
I hope you don't mind but it always make me smile to hear you retired folk talk about the holidays. What do retired people do in the holidays? - go to work? :lol: :lol:

Andy

trevtheturner

Established Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely right, Andy - for us retired folk it's just one long, permanent holiday. :wink: But, then, how come we always seem to be so busy that there would just not be time to go to work anyway? :roll: :? :lol:

Happy Christmas, :ho2 :ho2 :deer :deer

:eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Trev.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
The box lid has now been separated using the tablesaw & a high fence, also dowels have been put across mitred corners. The reason for dowels is because the dozen or so boxes of screws has considerable weight and reinforcement of corners I thought would be desirable.

Another thread has been added shewing home made catch to hold lid down.

Latest posts