Tiny 8 x 6 workshop, Part 2. Sort of...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(This was something not taught at the Royal Belfast Academical Institution when I was there! Or had I fallen asleep that day?!)
My Gawd!! An Instonian!! This forum will let anybody in...:ROFLMAO:

(I spent 37 years teaching in Campbell; now exiled to gorgeous Northumberland).

My Gawd!! An Instonian!! This forum will let anybody in...:ROFLMAO:

(I spent 37 years teaching in Campbell; now exiled to gorgeous Northumberland).

Yes...
I can honestly say that it's thanks to the RBAI that I've become the person I am today.

A complete nonentity. :giggle:

I have a small workshop (single garage ) .
Having tools and equipment that do multi task and can move around the workshop on casters has been beneficial.
Also , if you can , store smaller items on Wall Space , use shelves and rafter space to make storage’s areas.
It’s amazing how much space you can find above floor level with some thought .
Keeping the floor space clear as you can , so you only have the bigger pieces of equipment on the floor.Also gives you room to work .

I have a small workshop (single garage ) .
Having tools and equipment that do multi task and can move around the workshop on casters has been beneficial.
Also , if you can , store smaller items on Wall Space , use shelves and rafter space to make storage’s areas.
It’s amazing how much space you can find above floor level with some thought .
Keeping the floor space clear as you can , so you only have the bigger pieces of equipment on the floor.Also gives you room to work .

Yes, the bigger/weightier/underused stuff now sits on castered cut-down pallets under the bench.
Rafter space is a bit trickier seeing there are no rafters! This is a pent-roofed 8x6, with the highest side giving me about 3" head clearance!

the first impermeable surface ( looking from the inside of the shed ) is where the condensation will happen.

Hmmm.....
In that case, I'm none the wiser really!
The SuperFOIL stuff is a sandwich, with foil both sides, some foamy-type stuff and an internal "vapour control layer" in between.

Just been rooting around in the cellar, and came across this, which I'd completely forgotten about.

IMG_20230626_144831518.jpg

I remember buying a Black&Decker WallMate at some point, but don't recall forking out for this....maybe left by a previous resident. Definitely B&D (but made in Ireland according to the stamp underneath), and even has their interpretation of holdfasts!
Anyway, decided to screw it to the shed workbench for the time being. Have to say it's very solid!
Sadly the Wallmate's long gone - they were a clever idea if you were stuffed for space - no back legs, just two big hinge affairs that were screwed/bolted to a wall, and when you'd finished using it, the whole thing folded up flat(ish) to the wall.
What the benchtop vice-thing was branded as, I've no idea...it looks as though there was a sticky label along the front, but long gone....

Edit : just seen one on eBay! A "Jobber"!

Last edited:
Back