Xmas box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Not having any Xmas office parties to go to in my retirement I managed to keep myself occupied in the workshop over the last seven days. I was having trouble with my waste offcuts box overflowing so decided to thin the stock down making the following.

Two boxes completed, and a third box awaiting to be cut apart. The box with partitions is going to be used to put a large quantity of screws I inherited many years ago from my father in law, (he never through anything away) the small box holds my diamond sharpening plates (cheapoes) and honing guide together with a piece of timber used as a former to set the angles required by distance (namely 1 1/4" * 1 1/2") the third box (largest) will hold the cardboard carton screw boxes that I have been acquiring myself over the last three years.

box1w.jpg

box2w.jpg

Two days left until the holidays, what can I do next :) :x :)

Nice ones Devon,

particually like the one with the dividers, are they tenoned into the box?

Cheers Neil

Lovely boxes DW and a lot neater than the rows of odd jars glass jars that I keep my screws in.

devonwoody":2cnh58jc said:
Two days left until the holidays, what can I do next

I hope you don't mind but it always make me smile to hear you retired folk talk about the holidays. What do retired people do in the holidays? - go to work? :lol: :lol:

Andy

You are absolutely right, Andy - for us retired folk it's just one long, permanent holiday. :wink: But, then, how come we always seem to be so busy that there would just not be time to go to work anyway? :roll: :? :lol:

Happy Christmas, :ho2 :ho2 :deer :deer

:eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5: :eek:ccasion5:

Trev.

The box lid has now been separated using the tablesaw & a high fence, also dowels have been put across mitred corners. The reason for dowels is because the dozen or so boxes of screws has considerable weight and reinforcement of corners I thought would be desirable.

Another thread has been added shewing home made catch to hold lid down.

boxdowelled2w.jpg

boxdowelled3w.jpg

Back