New DeWalt Table Saw Acquisition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiritburner

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks to advices on here from a few weeks ago my new DeWalt Table Saw has just been purchased. I went for the DWE 7492-QS in the end mainly because I want to use a 18 mm thick sled on it for Jigs. The other reason was that I use a plugin for Chrome called Keepa on my Mac and around 30 minutes ago I got a notification that the price had dropped by €350 which is the largest reduction I have seen it over the last 12 months so I clicked buy!!

I very nearly bought the Bosch GTS 10XC which here in Spain is around €988 and yesterday and I had a similar notification for that machine at €444 but everything I have seen and read suggests the DeWalt is a long way ahead mainly on the accuracy of the cuts and of course the Rack and Pinion Fence as always so I chose not to buy it.

I have used the Keepa plugin for around 3 years now and it links to my Telegram messenger APP with instant messaging notifications, if youre prepared to wait a short while, you can almost plan to the day when it's likely Amazon will drop the pricing. It can be hit and miss, but as long as you keep an eye on your messaging, you will get an alert.

On these larger machines, I have found that the time the price drops is anywhere from a couple of minutes in the case of tonight's purchase and two hours on the possible purchase yesterday of the Bosch machine. After that period it reverts to the original price

One of the useful parts in the app is that you can see the price history for the last 12 months on the Amazon webpage as the plugin is visible there on Chrome on my Macbook. I think it works in Windows as well and possibly on your phones.

The Keepa App over that period has saved me quite a lot of money and I am now looking forward to opening my new toy box 😄 as soon as it arrives next week. Yeah!!

Many thanks to all those who kindly advised me on the original post in early January just after I joined the forum and if you are not aware of Keepa please give it a try as it saves you money and its free!

dewalt 7492.jpeg

Nice saw , don’t forget your ear defenders..I have a similar 110v dewalt and the noise is my only complaint..
Thanks yes I have heard its loud !! Luckily I have a pair of defenders with white noise capability and it works very well on my old saw so I am hoping the same... Cheers
Neil.

Thanks yes I have heard its loud !! Luckily I have a pair of defenders with white noise capability and it works very well on my old saw so I am hoping the same... Cheers
Neil.
Yes I use mine outside hence the 110 volts I’ve never used it inside though so pls let me know how you get on . My small workshop is basically a converted bedroom and as it’s a flat I’d probably give my neighbour a heart attack.. for a job site saw it’s very accurate once you’ve set it up , mine was very awkward and a right pita but that’s my only gripe . Enjoy and be safe ..👍👍

If I remember correctly the saw that I fitted came with 2 riving knives, I think they referred to one as a splitter? One riving knife as in your pic above is just rounded at the top and the other was designed to have the crown guard on. I must say I was quite impressed with the thoughtful way it was designed, and some clever features.
So as a member on here you will know what to do! Haha.
Ian

If I remember correctly the saw that I fitted came with 2 riving knives, I think they referred to one as a splitter? One riving knife as in your pic above is just rounded at the top and the other was designed to have the crown guard on. I must say I was quite impressed with the thoughtful way it was designed, and some clever features.
So as a member on here you will know what to do! Haha.
Ian
Yes mine came like that, it was in one of the boxes in the photo which I hadnt unpacked, the photo was taken seconds after I took the machine out of the box, I hadnt even untied the power cable !! 😁 😁

The soft start arrived yesterday so I am planning on adding that asap and then will build it in to its new work bench so I can use it safely.

I have to admit I am very impressed with the build quality and overall design of the saw. Its a bit of a beast but then its designed to go on a building site and be kicked about by first fix chippies working flat out so it needs to be.

It seems avery nice saw.

Back