Oscillating tool blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spectric

Staff member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have always purchased a quality brand of blade for my Bosch multitool, often Bosch or Dewalt and ocassionally Fein or Makita but the price of these blades seemed expensive for grout removal, SMART Multi Cutter Mortar Buster Blade 32mm | Toolstation and Bosch 30 Carbide RIFF-Grit Tile & Grout Segmented Cutting Blade 85mm - Screwfix so I shopped around. I ended up buying some from Saxon blades and they were dire, one lasting for only a very short time and unable to complete the job. In fact I had a well used Bosch metal blade that cut better than these blades from Saxon so you only get what you pay for, and in comparison the Bosch at £26 would outlast far more of the Saxon blades.

i have used Saxton, for a while now and always had good blades, both multi-tool and Saw blades
in fact I have found Dewalt very poor for multitool
not used bosch - but on other things like jigsaw and drill bits bosch has been good - maybe thats the difference

BUT i'm just a DIYer although i have used the multitool, on a lot of things, metal, brick, oak, plaster , wood etc

I found the Saw blades from saxton, as good as my freud blades and they are cheaper than the cost of having the freud sharpened , which i have had done on 4 of my freud blades, cutting marine ply and MR-MDF for cabinets and sidings/flooring

maybe worth a call to saxton , i have always found the support line good

Strange, I'd always heard saxton mentioned as a great affordable alternative to big brand blades and bits. had heard similar things about sabrecut.

I suppose that can't be good across the board

I have a Fein OMT - there's a strip and clean of it on here somewhere - and always use original Fein or Bosch blades.
Fein's japanese toothform fine cut blades are very nice.
Bosch do a very long blade for deep cuts.
The carbide grit blades included in the Fein kit seem durable and the smooth sharp knife blade surprised me by how effective it was.

Agreed, always find the Fein blades outlast all other makes, but then I don't cut brick or concrete with the saw blades. 🤔

I found the Saw blades from saxton, as good as my freud blades and they are cheaper than the cost of having the freud sharpened , which i have had done on 4 of my freud blades, cutting marine ply and MR-MDF for cabinets and sidings/flooring
This thread is about multitool blades, not saw table blades, pointed out as your post could be misleading on sharpening the blades.

I use Rennie for blades Oscillating / Multi Tool Blades
Found them to be good, as I always seem to hit a nail when using my multi tool I begrudge paying too much for blades, then again I guess it depends on what you use your multi tool for mine is generally a roughing out tool.

Back