What was your favorite sweets when you were a nipper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the above :LOL: with the exception of wafers(choccy or otherwise) and flying saucers, which for me were so dry and unpalatable.

I can remember it being a poor day indeed when all they had one day in Primary tuck shop was chocolate wafers :cry: Actually I've still got a mental picture of the incident, albeit over 45 years ago.

Now were not part of euro zone maybee we can reinstate our sweet shops with all the old goodies and sell em by the 1/4 lb
I never thought I would actually say anything in support of the EU, but they did a lot to get rid of the fake flavours and colours in children’s sweets. Oh well

Fifth Avenue bars, neco wafers, cinnamon hearts, gum cigarettes.

Bazooka Joe bubble gun
The cartoon inside the package and saving the wrappers with the intention of posting off to America for some fantasy walking talkie or other unavailable in the UK toy.
They never got posted off.....

Tiger Nuts. Remember them? Kept you chewing for ages...

Liquorice roots too.....
Like chewing a tasty log

Last edited:
All of the above :LOL: with the exception of wafers(choccy or otherwise) and flying saucers, which for me were so dry and unpalatable.

I can remember it being a poor day indeed when all they had one day in Primary tuck shop was chocolate wafers :cry: Actually I've still got a mental picture of the incident, albeit over 45 years ago.
All that we had in our Primary tuck shop was potato puffs. There was a tuck shop at the end of the school road but it was out of bounds. Secondary was different as the tuck shop was literally across the road from the school. We often used some if our dinner money for sweets.

Me, I like almost anything, but my father had a serious thing for Callard and Bowser Cream Line Toffees.

Not sweets, but I used to eat them like sweets - the old Victory V lozenges.
Anyone remember Jublees, just a waxed cardboard pyramidal package coating flavoured ice,, like a huge lump of ice lolly.
You can still buy Victory V lozenges but they've changed the ingredients - of course.

Used to love Fry's 5 Boys to see the chocolate faces with Desperation, Expectation, Realisation etc underneath.
Or one penny Nestle's Chocolate from ancient red slot machines on the railway platform!
And what happened to Tiffin bars?

Back