What was your favorite sweets when you were a nipper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The earliest sweets I remember were Tobermory Tatties, Sweet Cigarettes and Fry's 5 Centre Chocolate Cream which we sometimes got at school for some reason. Tobermory Tatties were the best. Guaranteed to rot your soft little teeth and if that didn't get you, it had a little plastic thing in the middle to choke you!! :LOL:

Any I could get my hands on. But I did particularly like the white chocolate mice.

cor loads

Choc chewing nuts
Fairy Satins
Cola Cube (had to have a chewy middle)
Pineapple Chunks
Jargonelle Pear Drops

Never really had a firm favourite though Rhubarb and Custard were in the running . The main thing i remember about the local corner/sweet shop was a Single ciggie and 3 matches would cost a penny ;)

So two people have said sherbet Fountain or sherbet dips, I always used to call them sherbet dabs, and by my reasoning they had to have somebody to test them, and that was the job I wanted when I grew up "A Sherbert daba tester " loved it when the licorice tube was still working properly and sucked too hard and it went straight up into your sinuses, lol.
I must’ve loved Sherbert, as the other things I really liked were flying saucers

I don't know it's name but a bar of chocolate with a sticky dark green almost black filling. In old money it cost 3d when black jacks were 8 for 1d 3d was my pocket money and it was always a difficult decision. I haven't seen it since I was 5 or 6 would love to find out it's still around.

Black jacks, shrimps and the various other ‘penny’ chews. I must be old because we used to get more than one for a penny. School bus fare was 3d but we could buy a mixed bag of chews and still get home before the bus.

Anything that was 4 for a 1d. ie Blackjacks, fruit salad and I used to love flying saucers.

I also always liked dark chocolate especially dark chocolate Bounty; still do.

Phil

A hard boiled sweet in a red tin that I used to steal from my Grandmother - Uncle Joe’s Mint Balls.
I hadn’t seen them for years until recently - 5 tins purchased and instant regression to naughty 6 years old me! 🙃

McGowans toffee penny chews.

We used to break them on the concrete window sill.
A whole one was much to big to put in your mouth at once.

I wouldn't like to be chewing one of those today.

Back