What was your favorite sweets when you were a nipper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So two people have said sherbet Fountain or sherbet dips, I always used to call them sherbet dabs, and by my reasoning they had to have somebody to test them, and that was the job I wanted when I grew up "A Sherbert daba tester " loved it when the licorice tube was still working properly and sucked too hard and it went straight up into your sinuses, lol.
I must’ve loved Sherbert, as the other things I really liked were flying saucers
@AJB Temple is right they are called Sherbert Fountains not dips. Sherbert Dabs have a lolly instead of the liquorice

Sherbet lemons, chocolate limes and pear drops 😊 Makes me smile thinking about how happy they could make me...

No but I liked those too.

I'm a war baby and any sort of sweet was on ration. One reason I've still got all my own teeth.:D
I'm a child of the 50s so sweets were the norm as was chocolate which is my biggest treat. I also have my own teeth but only due to regular brushing being drummed into me. I also have my own stomach - a testament to my love of chocolate. I remember Cadbury penny bars, and later, lion bars, amazins, bar sixes...

My daughter's favourites were tangerine balls. There was a shop near her school that stocked them. After a time she realised it would be a good idea to bulk buy, so she went in one day and asked for 2 pounds of T-balls. The shopkeeper asked 'You mean £2 worth?' The reply came back 'No, 2lb' :p Note orange tongue!
Sweets are still sold in ozs, aren't they?
On another occasion, away on holiday, she spied an old fashioned sweet shop and couldn't resist going in. She looked around all the glass jars but couldn't spot the orange sweets, so she asked the shopkeeper lady if they had any. Shopkeeper lady looked a bit bemused but shouted to her hubby out back 'HAVE YOU GOT TANGERINE BALLS?'
Quick witted hubby shot back 'THEY WERE OK WHEN I GOT DRESSED THIS MORNING'
Brian

Where i used to live the local shop had two lids under the 1d and the 2d tray i remember beechnut chewing gum,spearmint arrow bars a small bar of chocolate that had four circles like four records and you could rotate it and they looked like they were spinning and sticks of licquorice and real branches of licquorice to chew ,packs of toffee cigs sour grapes bubblegum the list is endless

So glad i started this thread it is bringing back so many memories to me and you and the tastes in Aldi at present they are selling Pineapple chunks,Cherry lips and Fruiit Salad pop and it tastes just like the real thing and its very low in calories . Tried em all

I really loved rubarb and custard sweets, and also lemon bon bons, still do.

Back