What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not that it's always easy to tell but that looks identical to my wooden jointer.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

MusicMan":23rg8zzf said:
Do you get good use from it, BearTricks?
I actually didn't use it until a few days ago. I sharpened it up then used it to flatten a bit of beech for a shelf. I used a Stanley 4 1/2 to finish and smooth. It's a fairly good plane. I think I got lucky.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I bought.. erm.. cough cough i mean father christmas brought me a Lie Nelson dovetail saw... got to use it today for a short time.

Not woodie, but received Axy clearance QC toolholder for the S7. Fits perfectly, so tried to order 3 more today, but they'd only got 2 left! So hard luck any other metal manglers.

the new fein is rubbish, ive killed 2 of them motor burnt out, on both on top of that the new anti vibration body gives a drop in accuracy. while waiting for my fein to come back i bought a worx f30 WOW blows the socks of every other multitool on the market. or so i thought until i found out the f50 they make has a 5 degree angle of oscillation, i use them to undercut 20m of 20mm thick pitch pine without stopping,, the fein couldnt handle it, the worx eats it up.

check out the video of how fast they cut on youtube

Alexfn":pth3h20x said:
the new fein is rubbish, ive killed 2 of them motor burnt out, on both on top of that the new anti vibration body gives a drop in accuracy. while waiting for my fein to come back i bought a worx f30 WOW blows the socks of every other multitool on the market. or so i thought until i found out the f50 they make has a 5 degree angle of oscillation, i use them to undercut 20m of 20mm thick pitch pine without stopping,, the fein couldnt handle it, the worx eats it up.

That's interesting as I only this month bought a Fein. Not had any of the same issues though thankfully! Out of interest, what were you using it for that managed to burn the motor out twice?

Ivan86":nh97oq4q said:
Alexfn":nh97oq4q said:

That's interesting as I only this month bought a Fein. Not had any of the same issues though thankfully! Out of interest, what were you using it for that managed to burn the motor out twice?

Great news! As I also have stumped up £200 for one. After a Bosch it was impressive. I don't think I'll be ripping any 20m lengths of pine with it so it'll probably last.

Alexfn":toqfzk9o said:

You must be dead unlucky

I think the 350 is a great tool. I got one a year ago ,used all year in a trade environment and still as new. They cut faster than my old 250 that I had years. They're quieter and have less vibration.

I compared the Festool vecturo , fein supercut and the 350 multimaster at the d & m tool show and even though it was the cheapest the multimaster was better.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Alexfn":2k091g2g said:
Great news! As I also have stumped up £200 for one. After a Bosch it was impressive. I don't think I'll be ripping any 20m lengths of pine with it so it'll probably last.

I've been very pleased with mine so far too. I've not owned a multi-tool before, just had old sanders and a jigsaw that my dad passed on to me. This has been great, mainly due the lack of vibration! It's nice being able to still feel my arm after using it for more than 5 minutes haha. I've only used of for a few things so far (re-boarding the loft, building some shelves and sanding down joinery for re-painting) but it has been brilliant on all fronts.

My only gripe has been with one of the attachments I bought for it, the Fein 100mm circular wood saw blade. I found as the teeth were completely straight, it creates a lot of friction as you cut through wood which creates a bit of smoke and burn marks on the wood. Anyone else had this?

Ivan86":3ft4zod4 said:
Alexfn":3ft4zod4 said:

I've been very pleased with mine so far too. I've not owned a multi-tool before, just had old sanders and a jigsaw that my dad passed on to me. This has been great, mainly due the lack of vibration! It's nice being able to still feel my arm after using it for more than 5 minutes haha. I've only used of for a few things so far (re-boarding the loft, building some shelves and sanding down joinery for re-painting) but it has been brilliant on all fronts.

My only gripe has been with one of the attachments I bought for it, the Fein 100mm circular wood saw blade. I found as the teeth were completely straight, it creates a lot of friction as you cut through wood which creates a bit of smoke and burn marks on the wood. Anyone else had this?
With multi tools you need to really make sure you set the right speed. If not they will burn and blunt the blades very fast.

Ivan86":1br4bhbc said:
Alexfn":1br4bhbc said:

I don't think it would be too difficult to create a small set on it. Put the blade in the vice and put a screwdriver between 2 teeth and twist, then move on around the blade.

Graham Orm":9a4v8lmo said:
I don't think it would be too difficult to create a small set on it. Put the blade in the vice and put a screwdriver between 2 teeth and twist, then move on around the blade.

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go. It does seem odd that every other 'wood' blade that Fein do comes with a set on the teeth and this one didn't.

I bought a knew concepts 5" fret saw.... its now 00:51am monday and it should arrive in 10 hours...

Sadly I'll be at the barbers with my kids getting ready for tuesday and their first day back at school.

Spot of spending with axminster.. :oops:

Sili-Brush Non-Stick Glue Kit
Axminster Hobby Series AWEBDS610 Belt & Disc Sander
Hermes Mixed Pack of 12 Self Adhesive Discs 250mm (40-150G)
Hermes Abrasive Disc Self Adhesive - 250mm 180 Grit
Hermes Sanding Belt 150 x 1,220mm x 150 Grit
Hermes Sanding Belt 150 x 1,220mm x 120 Grit
Hermes Sanding Belt 150 x 1,220mm x 80 Grit
Hermes Abrasive Disc Self Adhesive - 250mm 80 Grit
Axminster Abrasive Belt Cleaner - Large (300 x 50 x 50mm)
Sili-Stik Non Stick Dowel Brush

Hi James, Happy New Year to you.

Next tme you need something to put glue/sealer/anything into small places, if you have a 'WORKS' stationary shop up there, you can get a set of 6 small brushes for £2. I find them ideal for small work. Also the coffee sticks that Costa have make good glue spreaders.

Malcolm

Alexam":31ec202q said:
Hi James, Happy New Year to you.

Next tme you need something to put glue/sealer/anything into small places, if you have a 'WORKS' stationary shop up there, you can get a set of 6 small brushes for £2. I find them ideal for small work. Also the coffee sticks that Costa have make good glue spreaders.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm Happy New Years to you also :)
Thanks for that, I shall go and have a look next time I'm close to one, Never even heard of that shop until you said :lol:

James

Graham Orm":3ro304a0 said:
Ivan86":3ro304a0 said:
Alexfn":3ro304a0 said:

Be very careful !! If its like the semi circular blades fein do it will shatter if you try that. They are quite brittle

Back