What tool did you buy today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite possibly the most thoroughly packaged tool I've ever bought arrived just now ...

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 172
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 172
Arrived today!
Cheers for the 20% discount heads up Jmac80. :D

Attachments

• Seneca Parallel Guides.jpg
    Seneca Parallel Guides.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 140
No pics - I can't persuade my daughters camera to work. An Ikra 2000w electric chainsaw from Tesco. Anyone thinking of one, now's the time - you can double up on your clubcard points through December and get one for £35s worth of points. Bargain!! :D

Ordered a couple of new stabilia levels.
Sic snd tired of using my old cheap inaccurate plastic one that's warped!

Stabila 17392 196-2 LED Spirit Level 60 cm
&
Stabila 17393 196-2 LED Spirit Level 120 cm

Fancy light up level....

91VkXXDuIwL._SL1500_.jpg

710fd-lvXyL._SX522_.jpg

Graham Orm":37yvlk79 said:
Just bought this rascal. My Bosch died and as I use it constantly I decided it would be worthwhile upgrading. The on line video makes it look a cut above the others (sorry).
http://www.uktoolcentre.co.uk/Shop/p~96 ... GwodbF8GzQ

Something tells me you wont go far wrong with that Graham. I'm rather jelly I have to say. I have a Ryobi and frankly I'd have more luck using dental floss.

I've tried several records on it, but it only seems to play delta blues (groan ... TAXI!!!!!)

Benchwayze":fr6r8is0 said:
NazNomad":fr6r8is0 said:
Quite possibly the most thoroughly packaged tool I've ever bought arrived just now ...
Martin;

Blast! Too late! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Will this play 78 rpm records? )

:D

Your quip was better than mine, so I concede. (hammer) :lol:

YorkshireMartin":2qjcikj1 said:
Graham Orm":2qjcikj1 said:
Just bought this rascal. My Bosch died and as I use it constantly I decided it would be worthwhile upgrading. The on line video makes it look a cut above the others (sorry).

Something tells me you wont go far wrong with that Graham. I'm rather jelly I have to say. I have a Ryobi and frankly I'd have more luck using dental floss.

The Bosch was good but I wore it out. Only negative was Allen key blade changes. The Fein has a tool-less system

YorkshireMartin":2eobs1tp said:
Benchwayze":2eobs1tp said:
NazNomad":2eobs1tp said:
Martin;

Blast! Too late! :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Will this play 78 rpm records? )

:D

Your quip was better than mine, so I concede. (hammer) :lol:
Why thank you kind sir... But it's debatable I think! :mrgreen:

I believe earlier models would also play wax-cylinder recordings! (hammer)

Lie Nielsen cabinet scrapers. Made my own from an old disposable saw a while ago but I have some sapele on the way and I don't want to make life any harder than I have to with that reversing grain.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Graham Orm":1y7zr1vm said:

This is an absolute beast. I've had chance to give it a decent try out. Makes the Bosch that I used regularly look like a toy. So much more than a trimmer.

LewisM":1fm5sfpb said:
I just bought this 26" wooden jointers plane for £45 shipped!

This will be the first wooden plane I've used / owned so I'm going to spend a bit of time learning how they work, but is there any initial things I should watch out for?

I was disappointed when LewisM pipped me in the auction for that nice jointer! But I found this for a fiver in a big car boot sale (Stoneleigh, Warwickshire) last Sunday:

jointer - as bought.jpg

Cleaned up the wood, flattened the sole, flattened and sharpened the iron (5 mm, by Moulson Brothers), fitted the cap iron, treated the wood with linseed ... and here it is happily surrounded by its own shavings. Works a treat.

jointer - cleaned up.jpg

This 30" jointer is now officially The Beast.

Keith

Attachments

• jointer - as bought.jpg
    jointer - as bought.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 286
  • jointer - cleaned up.jpg
    jointer - cleaned up.jpg
    247.3 KB · Views: 286
Back