WHAT IS GOING WRONG

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
Having seen via the papers and media of late a snow ball of political correctness gone wrong, here, there, left, right, and centre find it almost too hard to understand why, that a mother (who is a primary school receptionist) may well be given the sack, because her daughter had been overheard by a teacher discussing heaven and God with a friend. (don't tell everyone, but I heard there's a book about it). Now we where not their when it happened, daughter, friend, teacher where!! What my point is, I said a lot of things in the past to people when in conversation, at work and when out of work, just about any and everything. Should I now walkabout looking over my shoulder. By the way I am not religious, never have been and never will, but will listen to a conversation about anything and everything whether I think they are right or wrong. Big enough and old enough to make my own mind up without getting upset. WHAT IS GOING WRONG.

ps. have I missed something

oh yes, If what has been posted, that's the text above if you have not read it, I will not be liable if it offends any person.

VENT OVER WITH.

Malcolm - I couldn't agree with you more.

Blatant politically-correct b*ll*cks.

Welcome to the country of double-standards where MPs and the Home Office will ban entry to one EU citizen (who was invited by the House of Lords) because they don't like what he has to say about Islam ...."sshh..sshh...musn't upset the muslims".....and yet they willingly let Imams enter the country who expound the death penalty for homosexuality and adultery.

Has everyone forgotten about Hitler then?? He had people reporting on peoples conversations..When you are not aloud to express your views you are no longer a free nation.
I could yell out the front door all day long whatever I believed here...and not worry about the police coming to collect me...but that can change when people get in charge and change the laws...

maltrout512":3vzdl7vz said:
ps. have I missed something

Well yes, I think you have.

First of all I also agree with your central point about double standards and the idiocy of this story.

But IIUIC she is not being disciplined because of what her daughter said but because she "brought the school into disrepute" externally. Personally I think the Head has done a perfectly good job of doing that all by himself, but my point is that the two things are different.

Steve, who is VERY ex-religious.

maltrout512":3c88i8og said:
By the way I am not religious, never have been and never will.
maltrout512
Never say never, I thought that once too. :D
Neil

neilc":askts7tk said:
maltrout512":askts7tk said:
maltrout512
Neil

I'll happily say never to that. I am not and never will be religious. Never. But this could become a thread-hijack if we're not careful........

Mike Garnham":2k5nc493 said:
neilc":2k5nc493 said:
maltrout512":2k5nc493 said:
maltrout512
Neil

I'll happily say never to that. I am not and never will be religious. Never. But this could become a thread-hijack if we're not careful........

No comment,

Rich.

Today's paper seemed designed to irritate with stories about children being forcably adopted, bishops being arrested, dodgy MPs, bankers and public servants and new laws regarding our personal information as well as the two stories above. Probably a good day to bury bad news then :lol:

And on top of that, our two beacons of hope have gone surprisingly quiet. I can't help but wonder if these events are somehow connected?

Andy

Mike Garnham":39keaoy3 said:
Rich":39keaoy3 said:
Digit":39keaoy3 said:
No comment is a comment Rich! :lol:

Roy.

I think you got my message. :wink:

Yeah, but I didn't.

Well Mike, I'm afraid that I'm one of those chaps that sees no "grey" areas, I see everything in black and white, I consider myself to be a reasonable chap and put my case accordingly at the same time as understanding others point of view and respecting them, but, I have been admonished in the past for voicing my opinions on somewhat touchy subjects such as politics and religion which I believe makes for healthy debate AND education in both directions, but at certain stages it got personal for which I have made my apologies but agreed not to enter into contentious areas again, which makes me sad as I believe I give a good and balanced view, but the mods felt differently, so I just read and hum to myself now.

Regards,

Rich.

It is insanity and is not too far removed from the goings on in 1984. Like the thousands of CCTV cameras that were installed on the pretext of protecting us from evil invaders but are actually used by councils to extort money for grazing a bus lane by the width of a fag paper with your car tyre etc etc

When we have our Friday lunch pint we have a moan and set all these matters to right, consequently we have arrived at the Monkey Pit of Justice into which the head of this school would be place for a short period until he came to his senses.

PS - also a confirmed non-believer, despite the best efforts of a Roman Catholic schooling. Bloody nuns

But there's a certain 'je ne sais quois' about nuns ...
Or am I just a colossal Perv ? :wink:

People are far to touchy about everything nowadays...
In the old days, you took a couple of each others teeth out in the car park, and then went for a beer, a fag and a few whiskys together.

We've turned into a nation of 'don't diss me's ' ( what ever that may mean ) and don't mention the :
Religion
Politics
Football
Homosexuals
Ethnic Bretheren
etc etc...
( delete as appropriate )

Healthy debate is exactly that HEALTHY... and for gods sake britain, hang a bloody pair on, and debate healthily.
And in doing so.. have the good sense to realise that not eveyone shares the same views. that is also very healthy. it maintains BALANCE !

Latest posts

Back