What did you do in your workshop today ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MrTeroo":3ayi2fkm said:
Finished the bench. Now time to restore the beast of a vice I picked up for £10 on eBay during the summer. (Record 53)

nice sturdy bench u have made

Steve

Thank you. Yes it is rock solid.

It's the first thing I have made, I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.

MrTeroo":26xejxmy said:

It's the first thing I have made, I'm really pleased with how it has turned out.
well if that is your first project then even more impressive

Steve

MrTeroo":1znu5d1r said:

Impressive first project

=D>

Nice bench Mr Teroo. Just needs beating up a bit now to give it that used look.

As for myself, i spent yesterday and will spend today constantly moving stuff and painting the space left behind. Should be done today and start to get my shop back into working order. It's been 2 weeks of grief i could have done without but the space is now cleaner, brighter and definitely warmer.

Finally got round to putting up a timber storage rack, all from recycled materials so a bit rough and ready but does the job. Just need a trip to yandles to fill it up now!
20161108_173005-768x1365.jpg

Attachments

• 20161108_173005-768x1365.jpg
    20161108_173005-768x1365.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 227
skipdiver":a9e26z48 said:
Nice bench Mr Teroo. Just needs beating up a bit now to give it that used look.

As for myself, i spent yesterday and will spend today constantly moving stuff and painting the space left behind. Should be done today and start to get my shop back into working order. It's been 2 weeks of grief i could have done without but the space is now cleaner, brighter and definitely warmer.

Beating up? I've just bought some paint to pretty it up :)

You can't beat spring cleaning and reorganising, I love it.

Woodmonkey":3l538e7x said:
Finally got round to putting up a timber storage rack, all from recycled materials so a bit rough and ready but does the job. Just need a trip to yandles to fill it up now!

Let me be the first to say, nice rack!

Kill dozens of (sleepy) wasps :( I knew there was a nest I just didn't realize it was between the false ceiling and the insulation. They hadn't been a problem until yesterday so I left them alone. They should have just died but I assume with the temps dropping to near zero the last few days they decided to go for the warmth.

Finally finished the boarding, insulating and painting and am now putting everything back in order. Hurrah!

Made my 1st 3D Reindeer for my Granddaughter now the wife wants one.

Attachments

• 20161110_184540-1-956x1170.jpg
    20161110_184540-1-956x1170.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 191
pops92":2rhob91v said:
Made my 1st 3D Reindeer for my Granddaughter now the wife wants one.

Not that is cute, glad my wife does not see this Forum.

Mike

pops92

Time for a tutorial, please, pretty please.

Mike

A couple of days ago my son told me about a distraught young woman at his place of work [shelter for the homeless], a decade ago she was assaulted by a stranger, while pregnant, and lost her baby. She was distraught because the baby's grave had been vandalised and the basic wooden cross marker was broken, two days before the anniversary of death.
I didn't have much time due to work and SWMBO's hospital appointment;
I scraped the old glue off the half lap joint in the centre of the cross, cut a couple of Iroko dowels using a plug cutter [in the end grain] and drilled blind holes through the joint from the front, which will be hidden by the brass plaque. Glued it up in the warmth of the house with TB3 which will hopefully last outdoors. I sanded everything above the soil line and gave it all a couple of coats of Teak oil. It looks a lot better and I feel like I've done a good thing.
The half lap joint was so slack you could fit a coin in the gap, unfortunately I didn't have time to address this.
Didn't get a full piccy :oops: but took a couple of detailed ones, hopefully someone could enlighten me re. the wood type. My guess is Iroko.
DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 101
Finally got my pt up and running and dust extractor running got to start looking for a table saw and morticer then I am back to the set up I had in my old workshop getting there chip by chip.

Good luck to you Mike.
Some led lights put up in the shed (Dear God I can see) then trying to fit the mortices properly on the bench. In and out like the SAS. Bah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back