Unwanted emails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should be concerned as someone is using their name to send spam mail, whether they have control or not, strange view point from you and them, and why don't you state the obvious. 😳
You may well be seeing their email address as the sender. However what you're seeing isn't. If your on your computer and put the cursor to view the 'details' you'll most likely see a load of gobbledegook characters. If on a tablet or phone and do the same you'll see the same.
If you use (try for free) the MailWasher program I linked to, you'll see columns for 'sender' (purported name such as Jean-patrique) and 'email address' - if spam then gobbledegook.

I have used Mailwasher for years. Now I have retired and no longer have a website I have no requirement for it as I don’t get spam anymore. I did have a spate of phone calls from a company who wouldn’t take no for an answer. So the last time they rang I asked them to hold, laid the phone on my desk and took the dogs for a walk. They haven’t called back.

They should be concerned as someone is using their name to send spam mail, whether they have control or not, strange view point from you and them, and why don't you state the obvious. 😳
Not a strange viewpoint, at all. Why would they waste more than a nano-second worrying about something over which they have no control, that won't have any (or at the very least minimal) effect on their business or have any means of preventing ?

Not a strange viewpoint, at all. Why would they waste more than a nano-second worrying about something over which they have no control, that won't have any (or at the very least minimal) effect on their business or have any means of preventing ?
Obviously never been in business or worried about your public profile.

Hi Stuart,
Over the last 12 months I have had the same issue with emails from a Pro cooking retailer.
Daily emails mounted to 6, 7, even 8, which despite Unsubscribing individually to each, did not subside. I called the company and their customer services blamed me for having ticked ✅ a marketing request box when making a purchase; more like, I didn’t until a secreted marketing box!! However, I was advised that they would remove me (my email) from their marketing lists, which could take up to 3 months to work through the system. Indeed it did!
Lo and behold, the emails started again last month, out of the blue. Without hesitation I left feedback on trustpilot outlining the above and indicating my polite farewells to Pro-Cook. Within 24 hours of the review being posted, Pro-Cook acknowledged the feedback and referred it to their marketing department.
All credit due here to Pro-Cook; the emails ceased immediately!
Good lock. Andy.
Had a similar problem with a Chinese company called Light in the Box.
Having tried to unsubscribe several times, I posted a caustic review on SiteJabber. Within days I had an email from Light in the Box telling me to retract the review, to which I replied you unsubscribe me and I will see about it. No more emails from them and the review is still up there., over a million views to date. and Sitejabber don't keep pestering me either.

My email provider allows you to reject specific email addresses or even domains so it’s very easy to block nuisance emails.

My email provider allows you to reject specific email addresses or even domains so it’s very easy to block nuisance emails.
Most (all??) do, it's generally a matter of bothering to find the specific setting in your account. Most people simply leave the account settings at [Default] - ie. they don't 'manage' the account.

Hi Stuart,
Over the last 12 months I have had the same issue with emails from a Pro cooking retailer.
Daily emails mounted to 6, 7, even 8, which despite Unsubscribing individually to each, did not subside. I called the company and their customer services blamed me for having ticked ✅ a marketing request box when making a purchase; more like, I didn’t until a secreted marketing box!! However, I was advised that they would remove me (my email) from their marketing lists, which could take up to 3 months to work through the system. Indeed it did!
Lo and behold, the emails started again last month, out of the blue. Without hesitation I left feedback on trustpilot outlining the above and indicating my polite farewells to Pro-Cook. Within 24 hours of the review being posted, Pro-Cook acknowledged the feedback and referred it to their marketing department.
All credit due here to Pro-Cook; the emails ceased immediately!
Good lock. Andy.
Hi Andy, so far, since finding & clicking on 'unsubscribe', I've had no more.

Most (all??) do, it's generally a matter of bothering to find the specific setting in your account. Most people simply leave the account settings at [Default] - ie. they don't 'manage' the account.
Yes agreed, the point I was making is that it’s a simple process that doesn’t need any additional software.

When I had a website I was inundated with emails offering various services to 'improve' it, or the number of visitors to it. No amount of marking as spam or unsubscribing did any good and eventually I logged in to my service provider's (Ionos) email manager where found a way of dumping to spam, BEFORE delivery to me, any email containing the words 'your website' in it's body text. It worked a treat although I realise I was running a small risk of getting rid of something I'd rather have seen. I'm not aware of any problems that arose. The website has gone now so it's probably no longer needed.

Something similar might solve your problem.
Bob

When I had a website I was inundated with emails offering various services to 'improve' it, or the number of visitors to it. No amount of marking as spam or unsubscribing did any good and eventually I logged in to my service provider's (Ionos) email manager where found a way of dumping to spam, BEFORE delivery to me,
IONOS is also my provider and their Spam Filter sends a daily report of messages which they have determined to be spam so that you can review and reverse the decision therefore the chance of you missing a valid e-mail is removed completely.

Last edited:
Back