TV Room Transformation - Nearly finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi brad

nice job by the way , but some people have no sense at all cupboard full of booze with gas and electrics in the same space , one spark , time bomb waiting , is the booze still in the same cupboard, now its the kids space ? hc

BradNaylor":1a15yrie said:
PS I sold three kitchens last week which involve no actual work at all - just ordering stuff up and organising things.

Now that's good money!

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You must be minted.
Keep this up and you'll get that inside toilet

BradNaylor":36wfq3un said:
Karl":36wfq3un said:
Nice job Brad - good money too!

It was alright.

This job took me 2 weeks in the workshop and 3 days fitting - which on this occasion I deigned to do myself!

Add a couple of days discussing the plans with the client etc and working things out and you can reckon on three weeks.

£500 materials and I'm making a grand a week. Take off my overheads and it's down to £850 or so.

I really don't know why I bother...

:wink:

PS I sold three kitchens last week which involve no actual work at all - just ordering stuff up and organising things.

Now that's good money!

:lol:

I know exactly how you feel I am having the same thought's lately. I do all types of carpentry but used to enjoy making built in's, last week I had to build a small office in a school. some stud work, plasterboard, suspended ceiling, doors etc etc no faffing around and I probably earnt more than double what I would doing a built in :D

Very nice Brad, I like a little colour variation Makes it look bespoke rather than some of the production factory stuff, I imagine they are well pleased.

BradNaylor":3gd3ctmp said:
Here are some photos of the finished job which the client has just emailed me;

DSC03044.jpg

DSC03043.jpg

Cheers
Brad
Hello dunc, what hinges did you use for the electric cupboard doors ,are they special concealed hinges fixed to the face frame.

Really nice work.

A question slightly off topic.

Are you allowed to have a consumer unit so close to the gas in the same cupboard.????

I know that in pre 1960 houses this was not unusual. I thought that the two services have to be a certain space apart.

Back