Trump

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We mustnt be unfair to Donald Trump, he is such a terrible victim of fake news :D

Mintoe for PM! It'll be POTUS next he's unstoppable.

nintchdbpict000285332230.jpg

Just in case people have not noticed but Trump is the head of state of a different country.
Lets just worry about our own problems
They are many and varied

lurker":26gjre8w said:
Just in case people have not noticed but Trump is the head of state of a different country.
They are many and varied

We are strongly effected by the USA's economic, political and military actions. Like it (and him)
or not, Trump is important to the UK.

BugBear

bugbear":2utv4ud9 said:
lurker":2utv4ud9 said:
They are many and varied

We are strongly effected by the USA's economic, political and military actions. Like it (and him)

BugBear
Absolutely, especially if we are detaching ourselves from our civilised European friends and allies and cosying up to the carrot faced lunatic in the USA.

bugbear":1gwu0dl0 said:
lurker":1gwu0dl0 said:
They are many and varied
BugBear

Not just you. Every industry on this side of the Irish sea is affected by both Trump and Brexit (seriously, we're getting a hard border up north for the first time in 20 years because of this, and every business that imports or exports goods or services is affected, meaning everything from manufacturing to IT; and Trump's antics are already hitting the IT industry here because of data protection laws being incompatible between the EU and US, not to mention a dozen other things).

The days of "it's over there, it doesn't affect us" ended for everyone on the planet somewhere between 1903 for Europeans (with the construction of the Berlin-Baghdad pipeline) to 1972 for the last uncontacted human tribes (with the construction of the trans-amazonian highway).

One crumb of good news is that apparently a lot of people are thinking about core values and what unites us, faced with the divisive threats of Trump and brexit.

Jacob":tt3p52v8 said:
One crumb of good news is that apparently a lot of people are thinking about core values and what unites us, faced with the divisive threats of Trump and brexit.

I agree -Its something that Ive thought when watching the news about Trump -it makes the public think more about how divisive policies dont work.

It a similar argument when Nick Griiffin of the BNP was allowed on question time.

After we had the second coming (Obama elected POTUS) nothing much happened, simply because the USA head of state does not have that much power.
Either the senate will clip his wings or there will be another "grassy knoll" or Watergate.
OK he is a truely vile man, but the other choice ( Clinton II) was not any better.

Purely from a commercial point of view whats best for UK:
Back of the queue Obama
Front of the queue Trump

I personally dont believe his (nor any previous POTUS) red button is actually connected to anything.

lurker":1h8hwfiy said:
the USA head of state does not have that much power to bring about positive change
Fixed your post.
The US head of state is more than capable of shoving a pineapple into a place everyone prefers to keep pineapple-free. He can get out of trade agreements, for example, but can't bring them into being. Example: Trump has already pulled the US out of the TPP and has put NAFTA under review; but he couldn't draft a Trump Trade Agreement to replace it, Congress has to approve that.
He's also able to initiate military action on his own, from small raids like the disaster in Yemen, to full-blown nuclear war (within ten minutes or so, so yay? - and yes, he can do it solo, that has been slated for changing for years but never was).
He's also able to do - and has in fact just done - things like declaring that non-US citizens have no right to data privacy in the US, which sounds esoteric but put more accessibly means every multinational IT company from google to the crowd that does your payroll just had a major oh-dung panic because US and EU law just became mutually exclusive (and adversarially so) and they do business in both places.

In short, he can make a right mess of things on his own with ease, it's making things better that he can't do solo.

OK he is a truely vile man, but the other choice ( Clinton II) was not any better.
Kidding me?
"But her emails"???
They currently have a president who sits about in his bathrobe at night watching Fox news and tweeting policy based on what he sees there (even if he didn't have the sound turned up, as with the whole Sweden thing). He's cost the US taxpayer more in a month for secret service protection and travel than Obama cost them in a year. He has not given up his place in the Trump organisation which means he's still a direct beneficiary of all those foreigners buying Mar-a-lago memberships at $200k per annum a pop (just so they can watch classified documents and strategy being discussed in the open at dinner with everyone in the room and identify the guy who carries the nuclear launch codes by name and photo on facebook), or the ones renting out entire floors of Trump hotels when coming to meet him in Washington, or the deals made on the basis of "he's the US president, we do this and we get something back for it".

I mean, what exactly is he doing that makes him better than HRC? She might not have been a perfect candidate, but this guy's a burning dumpster full of human waste and excrement.

Purely from a commercial point of view whats best for UK:
Back of the queue Obama
Front of the queue Trump
I love the way you think this guy's word can be trusted.
Besides, the leaked reports from inside the white house staffers (and between the accuracy of the information and the rate they're firing staffers for not passing secret service security checks, you know some of those leaks are real), they're all saying that after the meeting with Maye, Trump's opinion was that she was over a barrel and he could offer any terms he liked and she'd have to take them.

I personally dont believe his (nor any previous POTUS) red button is actually connected to anything.
Can we not test that? We already know he can order military action, but that red button kills *all* the children, not just nine of them.

Limey Lurker":9ppd3v79 said:
If "Trump" is the answer, then what the Hell was the question?

"Which of the following candidates should succeed Barack Obama as President of the United States?"

Given that the election had a reportedly low turnout, we can probably draw the conclusion that quite a lot of Americans thought the answer was "None of the above". However, enough of those who did vote decided the answer was "Trump".

Might be worth asking why the prospect of Clinton as President didn't attract more votes, and thus what the Democrats need to do in finding a better candidate and policies next time.

Im sure that what Trump means by 'the UK is top of the queue for a trade deal', he means 'top of the queue for the worst trade deal'

Who can trust a man that doesnt pay his cabinetmakers!

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/atty ... ?mobi=true

Google: Trump doesnt pay contractors....doesnt pay his bills, doesnt pay lawyers etc etc there are pages and pages of results.

There are dozens of trades that dont get paid, as usual its the 'well the work was poor' excuse.

Cheshirechappie":3rwpfn47 said:
Given that the election had a reportedly low turnout
US elections always have lower turnout than most other western nations; everywhere else election days are either holidays or weekends or the voting process takes minutes; in the US, you go to vote in the presidental election and you may be queueing for hours, in this particular election the KKK and a few white supremacist groups were "monitoring the polling stations" (there were reports of one shooting), and you are voting on a lot more than one thing - some states were giving out twenty-odd pages of ballot paper to voters - and you're doing it all during a workday, in an at-will employment state where that may well get you fired (especially in blue-collar jobs).

As a result, the number one reason for not voting over there turns out to be "too busy".

Might be worth asking why the prospect of Clinton as President didn't attract more votes, and thus what the Democrats need to do in finding a better candidate and policies next time.

Hold up for a moment - despite outside interference, she not only won the popular vote, but she did so with the second largest margin in US electoral history (only Obama's original election had a higher margin in the popular vote). She won every single demographic except for "earns more than three times the national average" and "owns more than a square mile of land" (no, literally). And seven electoral college electors voted as faithless electors, ignoring their party affiliations - that's one more than had ever done so in all of US history up to that point. So candidate and policies had sod all to do with it. Gerrymandering and gaming the electoral college system, on the other hand...

Hilary no doubt tainted by power and wealth but she did give the impression of being a normal human being with some common sense and empathy.
Whereas Trump is like a bad joke from VIZ comic sketch.

Does make me smile when I read or watch those against Trump. Before we had a POTUS in Obama who had the absolute cheek to get involved in our Brexit debate telling us we are at the back of the queue then when Hilary lost the vote the liberal left & including Obama accused Russia of interfering ( irony or what)

We then see protestors on the streets against Trump shouting his supporters are all racist, & violent while actually holding up signs saying " we hate white people while causing violence by smashing the streets up".

We then get protests here in the U.K. protesting in the streets saying Trump is not welcome but when 1400 British school kids were raped by Pakistani Muslims in Rotherham not one of these protestors came out to protest.

I find it incredible that we had Obama who wanted to put the UK back of the queue yet we've now got a president who wants to put us at the front of the queue & I would possibly put my mortgage on it that those who are against Trump here in the U.K. voted Remain in the EU where their argument will be the economy will suffer yet they're ready to hurt the economy by not accepting Trump oh the irony again.

The protestors on the street are nothing short of the Facist Brown Shirts of 1930's Germany where violence & hatred of a certain group is their main goal.

But not to worry I'm sure when the Saudi king who execute Gays & chop peoples heads off makes a state visit I'm sure the protestors will stay at home that day.

I always wondered if Cameron asked Obama to make that statement as part of the remain campaign.....

My thoughts on the matter is:-
Trump is the President of the U.S.A and as such should be treated accordingly.
If he want to make friends with Putin ,why on earth not.
We who live on this poky (pokie) little Island Group seem to live in cloud cuckoo land. Our Empire has gone
We want to leave the E.U. we do not want to be friends with Russia so who will come to our aid if a middle eat or far east country invades us OH!!! just had a thought the far east has already cripple us, with all there exports.

Bye the way whilst typing this response the screen jumps all over the place .Very strange
Timber

Norfolk75":1afij88v said:
Does make me smile when I read or watch those against Trump. Before we had a POTUS in Obama who had the absolute cheek to get involved in our Brexit debate telling us we are at the back of the queue then when Hilary lost the vote the liberal left & including Obama accused Russia of interfering ( irony or what)

We then see protestors on the streets against Trump shouting his supporters are all racist, & violent while actually holding up signs saying " we hate white people while causing violence by smashing the streets up".

We then get protests here in the U.K. protesting in the streets saying Trump is not welcome but when 1400 British school kids were raped by Pakistani Muslims in Rotherham not one of these protestors came out to protest.

I find it incredible that we had Obama who wanted to put the UK back of the queue yet we've now got a president who wants to put us at the front of the queue & I would possibly put my mortgage on it that those who are against Trump here in the U.K. voted Remain in the EU where their argument will be the economy will suffer yet they're ready to hurt the economy by not accepting Trump oh the irony again.

The protestors on the street are nothing short of the Facist Brown Shirts of 1930's Germany where violence & hatred of a certain group is their main goal.

But not to worry I'm sure when the Saudi king who execute Gays & chop peoples heads off makes a state visit I'm sure the protestors will stay at home that day.

Trump is not the major problem, he just wants to run the place like an eco-rapist business oligarch. That could be dealt with quite quickly and easily It's the quasi - facist nihilistic recondite anarchist (with a really nasty toolchest) puppeteer Bannon behind him that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back