Transtools - How not to look after your customers!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed

Established Member
Reaction score
Transtools - what a shambles...

25 days ago I order a load of collated nails from Transtools ( www.transtools.co.uk ).

The next day I logged into their site and it showed my order as complete and my card had been debited.

A week later still nothing has arrived so I give them a call. "Very sorry, but we are still awaiting a delivery from DeWalt, but we expect them this week. We can't hassle DeWalt to much as we are only small and they will tell us to push off". Ok, but as long as they are on the way.

So another 10 days goes by and still no nails. I give them a call. "Sorry sir I'll have to get someone to call you back."

What do you know - nobody ever calls back.

2 days later I chase them again. "Sorry it may have gone out today, I don't know, everyone from dispatch has gone home early - it's Friday don't you know".

I ask why they debited my card when they had no stock - Zoe replied "But we told you they were out of stock" -

"Yes but only after I chased you to find out where they were and you had already taken my money."

"Would you like to talk to Paul a manager"
"Yes please"
"Sorry he's busy"

"All I can do is offer you a refund".
"What about my wasted time and phone calls chasing you"
"............"
"I want to talk to a manager and I expect a call on first thing monday morning."
"Paul will call you monday"

So let's see what happens.

Just occurred to me - why would she offer me a refund if she does not know if the items have been shipped.

What about the interest on my money they have had for the last 25 days?

Some people just don't deserve to be in business.

I appreciate there can be problems with suppliers and hence was not that bothered when I first rang. But what really gets my goat is being told someone will call back and then they don't bother and getting my card debited when they don't have any stock.

Nothing on the website indicates they are out of stock now and they are still taking orders for collated nails.

I won't be using them again and I would not recommend them to anyone.

Rant over - hope you all have a good weekend.

Cheers

Ed

Have never dealt with this company, but on a general point, I think it is time to make it illegal to take payments for something that you are not able to supply from stock. All the people who lost money through Courts, Powerhouse, House of Leather etc. Sales Contract law is too flimsey!

I have used them before and had no problems myself, but having said that I was just thinking of ordering some of the collated nails myself! I will give them a miss and try somewhere else I think. Thanks.

Monday comes and goes and no call from Paul at Transtools....

I have just rang them (Tuesday AM) and was told that Paul was the best person to deal with and he was out of the office. They have taken my number again (5th time) and promised to call back......

Better not hold my breath.

Totally agree with you Freetochat.

Mailee - I think you made the right choice.

Ed

Last and final update on this sorry saga.

No phone call, but I finally get an email saying sorry for the bad experience and my refund will be sorted today.

My shipment was originally shipped and then lost and now they have no nails in stock ( but they are still available to order on the website!).

No offer of compensation for time, phone calls or interest on holding my cash for a month. Couldn't even be bothered to phone and apologise in person.

Enough said.

Back