Titan chain saw - question for owners !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heronviewer

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just got a new Titan chainsaw - bought from Screwfix - and find that the trigger works only if it is central. If it is just a little to left or right, it doesn't work and there is quite a lot of sideplay in it.

My question is - is this normal, or have I a faulty chain saw ?

The handbook gives no contact to the Titan firm but just says "refer to the supplier". I don't think I would get a technical person to reply by telephone at Screwfix, and as I am a long way from a Screwfix shop, do not want a fruitless journey !

heronviewer":10zhzzob said:
I've just got a new Titan chainsaw - bought from Screwfix - and find that the trigger works only if it is central. If it is just a little to left or right, it doesn't work and there is quite a lot of sideplay in it.

My question is - is this normal, or have I a faulty chain saw ?

The handbook gives no contact to the Titan firm but just says "refer to the supplier". I don't think I would get a technical person to reply by telephone at Screwfix, and as I am a long way from a Screwfix shop, do not want a fruitless journey !

Does screw fix still have a forum?

Sounds faulty to me, you would hope a replacement one would be better but it's a cheaper brand so they might all be the same.

Cheers, Paul

I have a Titan chainsaw that I've had for a couple of years but it looks the same as the current one. Had no problem with it and not had the issue you describe, so I think you may have a faulty switch. Screwfix have always been great for returns the couple of times I have had an issue. Always been very impressed with the saw too. I also have a petrol Husqvarna but still use the electric one occasionally.

I have one of these saws as my woodshed back up and the trigger is not at all temperamental. if you are some way from Screwfix I would be inclined to take the saw apart and check the trigger mechanism over. These saws are very basic. If you have not taken one apart before, take photos of it coming apart so that you have a reference for re-assembly.

Thanks for the replies.

I shall talk to Screwfix and see what they say. I think trying to fix it myself at this stage would invalidate the guarntee, so I won't try that unless Screwfix have no better suggestion. I too have a Husquavarna two stroke and it works well, but the Titan is for working in my garage when it rains. So there is no great rush to get it fixed.

Latest posts

Back