catnap

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morris1000

Reaction score
Just caught the apprentice sleeping on the job, as I told her to tidy up as I was going to have a rest an a cuppa.

Can't get the staff nowadays

Attachments

• catnap.jpg
    catnap.jpg
    15.1 MB · Views: 0
I have been trying to lay a patio this weekend reusing 600x900 slabs AKA "cooncil slabs" they are bloody heavy and bloody awkward even with two its stressful. 20kg of romanian rescue hound taking every opportunity to walk through the bedding, lie on the slabs etc was not the helping hand she thinks she is

Attachments

• IMG_20240518_153444_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20240518_153444_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
I have been trying to lay a patio this weekend reusing 600x900 slabs AKA "cooncil slabs"
I was offered a few of those for free I declined.

600 by 600 is more than heavy enough.

Got them free as well the guy even helped me load them.

I have been trying to lay a patio this weekend reusing 600x900 slabs AKA "cooncil slabs" they are bloody heavy and bloody awkward even with two its stressful. 20kg of romanian rescue hound taking every opportunity to walk through the bedding, lie on the slabs etc was not the helping hand she thinks she is
Having to relay some of them thar 'cooncil' slabs on my own, I found that my sack truck made a very good lifter/mover/relaying 'tool'.
If you canna find your dog after, then look under the 'sticky-up' slab! ;)

Never, ever, ever again will I lay Council Slabs.

Hardest days work I've done in 40 years. Ordered 36 slabs 900 x 600 x 40. Given a "free up grade" to 50mm. Thanks so much guys. Slabs dropped at curb side for which I do not have a permit as too heavy for the lorry crane to lift over the garden wall. 40mm weigh 48 kg, 50 mm weigh 60kg.

Slabs, sand and cement up the steps through the house into back yard, while not allowing tenants two very excitable husky's to escape. Cutting last slab with angle grinder when young fit son arrives to help! I trained that boy well his timing is impeccable.

Could have used 20mm but the 40s were cheaper - all my own fault being a skin flint again.

If you think there heavy try the 21/2” ones mine were made of granite,trust me you only lay them once

That cat looks seriously unhappy, yet at the same time resigned to its lot. It could just be hungry of course lol.
IIRC it was coming up to tea time and he wanted feeding. (Are ours the only cats who work on a 22 hour clock?)
@TRITON - He’s just turned six.

Here he is looking happier….
DEAFF190-F936-46CA-B346-D915CC1A9363.jpeg

For those questioning my choice in slabs... I lifted a patio and relaid them... there is a full flight of steps to carry them out... Laying them was the easy option. I can only assume they choppered them in.

I was very grateful for her assistance as its quite hard to be angy at an apprentice with so much enthusiasm so more than one tantrum was diverted by a bushy tail sweeping away the bedding.

Back