Second Hand Titan Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmanchoppy

Reaction score
Hi I’m a a new woodworker and I was looking at table saws mainly for rip cuts on things like pallet wood etc. I came across a titan table saw for £15, now the blade is a rusty mess but that can be replaced. I has the fence, riving knife and the blade guard all there. It seems like I should pull the trigger, I have contacted the seller and asked to see it working if I come to buy.

Obviously I’m not sure, at that price with a replacement blade I would be out probably 30-40 quid…..but there is the safety aspect.

Whadda ya think?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/power-saws/saw-titan-table-saw-good-condition-/1442082655

If the budget is tight then at £15 and if it can be seen working it may be worth a punt , get the owner to plug it in an start it up a couple of times,if he does not light up like a xmas tree and drop dead:eek: then it has passed its first safety inspection:LOL:

Always a sign of a quailty tool when you turn it on and no one dies. Imagine I came back this afternoon and said it didn’t pass the first safety inspection??? 😢

It really all depends what you are planning to do with it.
At £15 there's not much to lose apart from wasted time.

Personally I would invest more in a better saw.

It was simply an attempt at a little humor, No more no less :)
I hope you didn’t take my response to be serious I knew it was joking response and mine was in turn. Apologies if that was not very clear, been a while since I’ve been on a forum. Should have done the tounge sticky outty emoji guy.

So did you get it yet?

The NV switch is worth £15 on it's own

Hi I’m a a new woodworker and I was looking at table saws mainly for rip cuts on things like pallet wood etc. I came across a titan table saw for £15, now the blade is a rusty mess but that can be replaced. I has the fence, riving knife and the blade guard all there. It seems like I should pull the trigger, I have contacted the seller and asked to see it working if I come to buy.

Obviously I’m not sure, at that price with a replacement blade I would be out probably 30-40 quid…..but there is the safety aspect.

Whadda ya think?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/power-saws/saw-titan-table-saw-good-condition-/1442082655
Can't go far wrong assuming it does work. As you say with a new blade and a clean up it should be just fine for pallet wood. Given that blade is so rusty I would be concerned about the machine having been left out in the rain or something similar. That said if the electric motor goes smoothly and keeps going (leave it running for a couple of minutes) then £15 would seem worth spending. Offer him a tenner first.

Hi Vmanchoppy,I had a Titan table saw for a couple of years and in all honesty it was a pile of carp. I worked in heavy industry maintaining heavy machinery for years so I was used to sharp rotating spinny things around me, but that saw frightened the life out of me. It never felt safe to use, the fence would move out of square, trapping the wood, the wood would try to climb up the blade, a slow sort of kickback, and I could never get a square or straight cut out of it so In the end I gave it away for bits on Freecycle and bought a Dewalt 7485, a dream to use and never once have I felt unsafe using it in comparison to the Titan. My personal advice particularly if you are new to table saws is avoid it like the plague. I realize that other Titan saw users will now pop up saying how good their Titan saw is, so I'm afraid you makes your choice. I valued my fingers more than the saw. Happy woodworking😨

If you are going to play with pallet wood, I would suggest you get something a little more substantial.
This saw may be ok for light work ( it's a toy ), but sawing pallet wood on this saw may be rather dangerous.
Suggest you think again.
Remember, you get what you pay for.
If you want rubbish, this is the saw for you.
Just remember, rubbish is expensive because it does not do the job you want.

Like Johnwa I had a titan saw. Very basic and fence was terrible. I then bought the dewalt dw745. Great little saw and fence is great. If budget is tight cant go wrong for £15 but if you are after a saw to to any repeatable or semi accurate work then the titan won't do

Depending on the size of saw blade and depth of cut you *may* end up wanting to do: 254mm (10") or 210mm (8.26") against prices...

I've had a Titan table saw for over a year now and it does certain jobs well enough. The loose fence is the most obvious fault but very easy and cheap to fix (Titan table saw fence fix - youtube). As for true parallel cuts over a longer piece of wood tat takes a bit more fiddling about with. Making a cross cut sled was a bit of a nightmare as it turns out the stupid little T shaped channels on the bed are not true and had to be filed down to get a satisfactory fit. If you don't do long rip cuts very often it will do a job and the Saxton blades are the best and cheapest to buy. In short, go for one of the better models unless of course you're a bit skint like me and have to make do with what is affordable.

I've had a Titan table saw for over a year now and it does certain jobs well enough. The loose fence is the most obvious fault but very easy and cheap to fix (Titan table saw fence fix - youtube). As for true parallel cuts over a longer piece of wood tat takes a bit more fiddling about with. Making a cross cut sled was a bit of a nightmare as it turns out the stupid little T shaped channels on the bed are not true and had to be filed down to get a satisfactory fit. If you don't do long rip cuts very often it will do a job and the Saxton blades are the best and cheapest to buy. In short, go for one of the better models unless of course you're a bit skint like me and have to make do with what is affordable.
T channels ? non on OP

Latest posts

Back