Table saw Blades - seeking advice & information

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, rushing and Ive just realised that I had forgot to post the pictures!
And many thanks for the advice, much appreciated,,new thread coming up.
Steve.

Somone mentioned sharpening their own blades and its somthing Im going to try, my idea is to use one of those wet tile cutting machines, the little plastic ones with a diamond blade, it can be worn out because the bit you want to work with is the side of the blade where there is still a fair amount of the diamonds left, its run in water and its quite a slow speed too. Ive used one before for cleaning up the tips of tct masonary drills and its worked really well.
In abount 1968 I got a job in a saw doctors at old street in London, as well as the big automated machines they had a few people like myself sitting at what was in effect tile cutting benches touching up the teeth on circular saw blades,,,,no skill and nothing in the way of training either but they seemed happy enough,,,but it was one of the most boring jobs, I walked out when I got married and I think saw doctor is on our marrage certificate!
Anyway, if I find a tile cutting machine I will give it a go, on my cheap mainly Lidls blades Im sure it would work.
Steve

Back