The end of woodwork as we know it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

New Luddism. Wake up and resist.
Reaction score
Scouring my wood store for firewood it occurred to me that it's is worth more in terms of reducing heating bills, than the value of the things I might be making with it. :unsure:
Every cloud has a silver lining - more time for banjo practice!

By the time you have jumped up and down on the banjo you will have lots of kindling.................

fetching coat......and running away

Fair bit of banjophobia flying around. Forget the negative thoughts and give it a try. Who knows you may like it.
Regards
John
Only joking I've been playing banjo for years. Not very well but good enough to introduce my next Youtube vid.

Currenty practicing Snowdrop. It's easier than it sounds

I was learning guitar ( had do pause that due to lack of time 😒 having 3 kids and a business to run kinda swallows up my entire life ) and i was interested in banjo because they look similar. My guitar tutor said that you kind of play with a claw on the strumming hand? So it's quite different to a guitar. I got a little plastic ukulele to mess about with in the hot tub, but it didnt work out because when you are immersed up to your shoulders in water, you have to hold the uke at head height to play it 🤣😂

Anyway, what on earth were you doing up at 5am on a sunday??? Apart from posting on here!😁

I was learning guitar ( had do pause that due to lack of time 😒 having 3 kids and a business to run kinda swallows up my entire life ) and i was interested in banjo because they look similar. My guitar tutor said that you kind of play with a claw on the strumming hand?
It's a style called "clawhammer" where you hit strings with the nail of your first or second finger alternating with plucking with your thumb. Thats what Mary J Cox is doing above. Very traditional. Hammer ons and pull offs means you also playing with your left hand.
Easier than it sounds.
Bluegrass is played with thumb and finger picks much like finger style guitar. Picks make it loud, fast, precise.
Can also be played without picks for a softer sound, or with plectrum. Each method lends itself to a different style of music - plectrum for jazz chords or melodic as in Irish music
Everything for banjo tends to be written in tab so you don't have to read music.
So it's quite different to a guitar. I got a little plastic ukulele to mess about with in the hot tub, but it didnt work out because when you are immersed up to your shoulders in water, you have to hold the uke at head height to play it 🤣😂
Hmm don't know what to suggest. You can get plastic trumpets. Added bubbly sound effects?

Anyway, what on earth were you doing up at 5am on a sunday??? Apart from posting on here!
Dog barking so thought I'd have a cup of tea and sit around for a bit.

Yes, Jacob .... Moving back to the subject, yyou could still use your saw to cut lengths of 75x50 from b&q to chop into kindling, it's cheaper than buying a bag of it!

Back