Cancer care looking for a woodwork tutor in Cumbria

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope this is ok to post. Have just seen it on Facebook and thought I'd post it on here in case someone might be interested.

CancerCare North Lancashire and South Cumbria

onSetdspor0i0670Sgoth5laa12aguo9n0hrs79th3dt3935cta9pa0ef20u ·

***NEW WOODWORK TUTOR NEEDED***
This month we will say a fond farewell to our woodwork tutor Tom Webster after more than a decade overseeing the workbenches in our Kendal Centre workshop.
Over his time with us, Tom (pictured) has delivered well over 800 sessions woodwork and helped dozens of our clients lose themselves in the creativity, industry and often intricacy, involved in working with wood crafting items ranging from coffee tables to jewellery boxes.
Tom is an experienced cabinet maker with his own workshop in Lancaster and he joined CancerCare as a woodwork tutor around 14 years ago.
Tom said: “I have really enjoyed my time at CancerCare and I will be sad to leave. The big thing for me has been getting to know the clients and seeing how strong they are and help each other cope with some really tough situations as part of a group."
We are now looking for a new tutor with a high level of woodworking skills, specifically in workshop environment, knowledge of safe working practices and, ideally, experience of working in a group or therapeutic setting.
To express an interest email [email protected]
#woodworking #adultlearning #groupsupport #mentalhealth #lancashire #cumbria
May be an image of 1 person and indoor

Back