Craft Groups

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why there's a waiting list for membership. What's the restriction?

I'm assuming that you don't want/need to use whatever tools, etc, the club might have, but "just" want to turn up once a month (or whatever) for a chat. That way you may meet someone you get on with who lives nearer to you than the club itself.

Does the club understand that you are (I assume) not going to be making any demands on their facilities, or are they offering some benefit/facility that I'm overlooking?

There's a membership limit for our local model aero club, but that's because the flying field is of a finite size and can only handle a certain number of models airborne at one time - and if anyone wanted to join just to come and have a look/have a chat without flying then he/she would be welcome.

AES

@AES It surprises me you can't find anyone it that area - considering all the clock makers. Have you tried looking over the borders - to Freiburg or Mulhouse for instance ?
I used to live in Freiburg myself and often travelled down to Basel at weekends.

regards,
Martin

Hi Niimus. Nice place Freiburg (I presume you mean " ..... in Breisgau", not the one in Schweiz?

Yup, it surprised me too but so far I've only found wood turners of "professional" craft fair sellers, which is something I don't want to get into.

AES

AES, No restrictions other than the residents of Broxburn and surrounding area come first.They have 120 members and the club is open morning and afternoon Monday to Saturday and Monday to Friday in the evening.they do have a large work shop with 9 lathes,band saws,ect,ect,and a scroll saw room,they do turning,carving,stick making musical instrument making and much much more.Membership is £10 and then£2 per 3 hour session.The club has been on the go for 30+years now.

Peter.

Hullo Peter (beganasatree). Blimey, that sounds like a good club/group, cheap too (by Swiss standards anyway) and with lots of facilities! Now I understand why there's a waiting list.

Thanks for the info.

AES

Back