Summer Bash - August 22nd

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well someone calling himself Charley did turn up at a Bash we had here a couple of years ago. Of course, it could have just been "a" Charley as opposed to "the" Charley, but if he was an impostor, he was a convincing one. Never been seen since though, so perhaps we were all hallucinating.

It would be great if he did appear, we could express our appreciation - bottles of whisky, chocolate, the odd Lie Neilsen or two, I'm not sure what his tastes are, but we could all say Thank You.

We want Charley! We want Charley! We want Charley!

:)

S

Does anyone have a gadget for truing the stone on a Tormek? I've just been using mine and it wobbles. Not a lot, but I'd prefer it if it didn't wobble at all.

If you do, would you be a super-hero and bring it along. I'll bring my Tormek and we can get it sorted. And if anyone wants their blades grinding, be my guest.

Thanks
Steve

Steve Maskery":g87mmdjq said:
Does anyone have a gadget for truing the stone on a Tormek? I've just been using mine and it wobbles. Not a lot, but I'd prefer it if it didn't wobble at all.

If you do, would you be a super-hero and bring it along. I'll bring my Tormek and we can get it sorted. And if anyone wants their blades grinding, be my guest.

Thanks
Steve
if its ok with you steve i would like to have my set of sorby chisils rehoned as 2 of them have nicks due to droppng on concret

look forward to meating everyone!

mikepooley":v4ht0xi6 said:
sorry I have been watching too much CSI :shock:

LOL

hope you are at the bash, i bring my meat clever :lol: :lol: :lol:

by the way i work in a sort of abbotoir, (its called an operating theatre)

all the best

forgot to ask ist everything on track for the 22nd aug i booked the day off

and is the an address and map details yet????

can i bring along a a choc cake to help out and to say thanks

all the best

ric

Hi all Everthing is in place for the 22nd.

You can see the workshop here about in the middle but will post directions in a week or so.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 7&t=h&z=18

Chocolate Cake sounds good :D . I was thinking about putting on a barbecue if the weather is good. Any Veggies?

Steve I have a diamond truer for the Tormek.

Anyone have any ideas for demos things to do etc. I was thinking I could set up a veneering demo of flat and curved work using the airpress as well as beaded face frames and cabinet doors etc using the spindle and tenoner etc and maybe a bit of spray finishing and of course Hand planes and such like.

Cheers

Jon

I'd err on the side of less demos. You'll find, when you get a load of woodies in on place, they can perfectly amuse themselves with bending each other's ears ;)

JonnyD":3m1r1a82 said:
Hi all Everthing is in place for the 22nd.

Chocolate Cake sounds good :D . I was thinking about putting on a barbecue if the weather is good. Any Veggies?

Anyone have any ideas for demos things to do etc. I was thinking I could set up a veneering demo of flat and curved work using the airpress as well as beaded face frames and cabinet doors etc using the spindle and tenoner etc and maybe a bit of spray finishing and of course Hand planes and such like.

Cheers

Jon

ok choc cake is being made by my me from my grannies recipe, need to know numbers that are coming so everyone gets a piece!, BBQ sound grate hope the weather is great for that day, crossing fingers toes and every other extremity,

on the demo's, i would love to see a demo on installing mullens in rails for segmented doors,

Hi,

Having not been on the forum much recently I hadn't noticed this.

Is it too late to register an interest, the suggested demos sound like it will be an interesting and informative day?

Gav

Right this is only 2 weeks away now so I thought I would check to see who is coming. So far we have interest from the following forumites

jpb
Steve Maskery
Racers
Markwuzere
lurker
Mikepooley
Markw
Daves
jhwbigley
Brad dan dunc
Karl
Brianhabby
Escudo
DougB
Peter99
Ciscoeuk
Modernist
Gav
Wizer?
Big soft moose?

Hopefully everyone can still come and there is plenty of room for any latecomers to the party.

I have started cleaning up so the workshop should be nice and tidy by the 22nd.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jonny

I cant make it I'm afraid - due to work and family commitments I've had to chose between this and the festival of wood the following weekend.

JonnyD":aa4pj0bj said:
I have started cleaning up so the workshop should be nice and tidy by the 22nd.

Cheers

Jon

If you need any help tidying or setting up for the day just let us know.

John-Henry.

Back