Lambourn bash - aka the brummie bash re-located (updated)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miles_hot

Established Member
Reaction score
The date for the Lambourn bash is September 18th - the location is Lambourn.

The guest list looks like:

places
Mark Sanger
Dusty Dave
Jenx - Possible = standby
Mikec
Ratwood & Sue
Bigsoftmoose
Richard Findley
The Shark
Paul M
Oakbear
DougB
PeterSk
liamscanlan
NikNak
Cornucopia

Standby

dropped out
Dannykaye (DougB driving)
Benchwayze

Mark Sanger has confirmed that he will demo as has Richard so the mysteries of the skew and fruit making will be revealed to us :) DougB will perform his debut demonstration (supported by Oakbear) on Pen making. Chris (Ratwood) will be showing his flowers (hazel branches I think?).

Moose has sorted the lathe so we'll (hopefully) have an impressive block of cast iron, my perform and at least one other Demo lathe available.

Caroline will be sorting dinner (not with the same range as Paul has previously offered but I doubt there will be many complaints!) - if anyone has any intense dislikes / allergies etc this is a good time to mention it

I will send out PMs soon with directions etc - when you reply can you give me your real name and any food stuff.

I can't for the life of me remember when Paul's event kicked off - when do people want to start? 10:00 maybe - any objections?

Given the demos we've got does anyone else want to bring anything along / see or do anything else? Very happy to have too much to do rather than too little :) Maybe Ratwood could demo the lovely flowers again - assuming this isn't getting old hat for you?

Miles

At Birmingham I had somewhere to stop overnight but won't be able to do that at Swindon so I will have to bow out I'm afraid Miles, Good of you to do this though

Pete

i'd love to miles but a 4.5 hour round trip is my idea of hell-so i'm out.
its great that you've taken it on though

Hi Miles

Glad you've been able to take this on but unfortunately I'm bowing out as well. This is mainly due to me being only 12 miles away from Paul. Also I'm off to Saundersfoot with the caravan on the 19th so I may not have spent the full day at Paul's anyway due to me getting the caravan ready.

Good luck with this event.

Steve :D

The date is the killer for me. So I'm out also

If you get any spare places Miles I'd love to come along.

Birmingham was a bit far but you're that much closer :D

Cheers, Paul :D

Bodrighy":1csl5725 said:
At Birmingham I had somewhere to stop overnight but won't be able to do that at Swindon so I will have to bow out I'm afraid Miles, Good of you to do this though

Pete

Miles - i'm in (naturally ;) ) however i'm on holiday that week, getting back that day so i may only make it for the latter part of the day.. depending on what time i get back

I'm still up for it Miles. I'm quite happy to get swmbo cooking for the event as well. Also happy to collect people en route as well.

Please take me off the `Reserve list` Miles thanks just a bit too far to travel. Well done for taking over from Paul J though :lol:
Regards
Steve (gasmansteve)

Hi Miles ... how close are you to an airport ? ... Pauls was fine and easy for me last time.. if you're not too far from one, I'll be ok ( rent a car ).. maybe you could let me know when you get a minute !

All the best,

Alun 8)

Jenx":2r3kiwuu said:
Hi Miles ... how close are you to an airport ? ... Pauls was fine and easy for me last time.. if you're not too far from one, I'll be ok ( rent a car ).. maybe you could let me know when you get a minute !

All the best,

Alun 8)
Alun

Basically we're pretty equidistant from Bristol, Southampton and Heathrow - i.e. about 1-1.5h drive - not sure if that will be close enough??

Miles

Hi all,

Just to say I'm still in, bringing along Malc (The Shark) and my demo gear as well as my range of Chestnut products and abrasives if any one is interested.

I look forward to meeting everyone on the day!!

Cheers

Richard

Latest posts

Back