Lambourn bash - aka the brummie bash re-located (updated)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Miles, just like to wish you a very good day at your Bash.
It's not easy to step into an already established BIG DAY but I'm sure you will cope very well and the only noticable differance will be the venue.

Best Regards have a great day. Boysie

Hi

as per the PM I am still in.

Will bring a selection of work, tools, some wood for if I turn anything.

Hi Miles

Sorry its just a bit too far away although Jenx puts us to shame!

Thanks for setting this up though........and the invite

mark sanger":1q2br625 said:
Hi

as per the PM I am still in.

Will bring a selection of work, tools, some wood for if I turn anything.

lol - i bet you are looking forward to demonstrating on a "propper" lathe :lol:

I want to see mark demonstrating on your perform lathe :lol: (actually i'm bidding on a jubilee on ebay for work so if i get it you ciould probably borrow it for YOLB)

btw Iv'e rejigged the holiday arrangements so I ought to be able to make YOLB , but i wont get there til lunch

Hi Miles,

I am still very much at the apprentice stage in this woodturning malarky, so will be happy just to watch whatever is going on - whatever that is!!

Malc :D

big soft moose":2gefg23d said:
I want to see mark demonstrating on your perform lathe :lol: (actually i'm bidding on a jubilee on ebay for work so if i get it you ciould probably borrow it for YOLB)

btw Iv'e rejigged the holiday arrangements so I ought to be able to make YOLB , but i wont get there til lunch

When would that aution end?

Miles

its ended and i didnt get it - it went for £217 in the end , which is still a bargain - i'd set the snipe at £210 :( ahh well

joking aside I doubt the lathe will be a problem - people who demonstrate a lot often have light weight lathes that they use for shows etc so yours should be fine.

Hi Miles,

I'll be bringing along all my kit, including my little demo lathe so I'm happy to demo anything that anyone wants to see. Requests anyone?? I think fruit has been mentioned but that won't take long :wink:

Cheers

Richard

big soft moose":1zeai08h said:
its ended and i didnt get it - it went for £217 in the end , which is still a bargain - i'd set the snipe at £210 :( ahh well
Goodness, isn't that often the way! :(
I'll have to work out someway of sorting the lathe issue as whilst the sight of people attempting to demo on my Perform stuck up in the air will be amusing it might put a bit of a kink on the day :)

Miles

miles_hot":3tqq7vyc said:
big soft moose":3tqq7vyc said:
I'll have to work out someway of sorting the lathe issue as whilst the sight of people attempting to demo on my Perform stuck up in the air will be amusing it might put a bit of a kink on the day :)

Miles

take the perform off the workbench and mount it on a workmate - simples (and if you havernt got a workmate let me know cos we have)

big soft moose":9fgqc1jl said:
miles_hot":9fgqc1jl said:
big soft moose":9fgqc1jl said:

Miles

take the perform off the workbench and mount it on a workmate - simples (and if you havernt got a workmate let me know cos we have)

Good grief that's not something that I'd expect to work! The sight of Mark chasing his work around the garage would be something followed by the collapse of the workmate - surely?

Richard Findley":midzv60f said:
Hi Miles,

I'll be bringing along all my kit, including my little demo lathe so I'm happy to demo anything that anyone wants to see. Requests anyone?? I think fruit has been mentioned but that won't take long :wink:

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard - fruit would be interesting; I think you also mentioned a skew masterclass as well?

Miles

Looking forward to the bash guys!

Skew techniques would be great.
I'm embarassed to admit it often stays in the tool rack due to my nerves using it! :oops:

Oakbear":ckzzu7z4 said:
Looking forward to the bash guys!

Skew techniques would be great.
I'm embarassed to admit it often stays in the tool rack due to my nerves using it! :oops:

You can get a DVD titled " The Taming of the Skew " from Turners Retreat

The Taming of the Skew Ref: DVDSKEW
The mastering the skew chisel is one of the greatest challenges facing woodturners the world over.
In this DVD Mike explains, demonstrates, and demystifies every aspect of the skew. You will understand why the skew catches, and while this DVD does not promise to entirely eliminate catches from your repertoire, you will have far fewer after watching Mike's lesson.. 3 hours.
Price: £19.95
Including VAT at 17.5%

I have the dvd and recon its good value :wink:

miles_hot":1yan5iev said:
big soft moose":1yan5iev said:
miles_hot":1yan5iev said:
big soft moose":1yan5iev said:

Miles

Good grief that's not something that I'd expect to work! The sight of Mark chasing his work around the garage would be something followed by the collapse of the workmate - surely?

so long as hes not turning something stupidly off centre it shouldnt vibrate that much - theres not that much difference between a workmate , and the pressed steel legs that these normally come with - in fact a workmate may be stronger.

Miles, as far as the bash is concerned it's a shame that I don't still live where I did, in Stroud. I would have been there like a shot!

I have to admit though that I wouldn't swap Stroud for here now at any price!

Good luck both with the bash and the weather and I hope that you will have a beer or several for me :D :D Devises best if poss, 6X!!!

Back