Lambourn bash - aka the brummie bash re-located (updated)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Mike c &/or Ryan want to do the pen turning demo that would be fine with me
I`m working away from home the next 2 weeks, so will not have much time to sort things out, so in one way it would be a blessing.

I have a chestnut buffing system which has seen some use, would anyone like me to bring it down?

Cheers.

Doug.

PM's sent - afraid rather generic however with two screaming kids around crafting individual messages was beyond me :)

So much work to get the garage looking even halfway tidy! It's like having relatives come around; the only way to force a tidy up :shock:

Looking forward to having you all here :p

Miles

Doug, it'd be nice to see the chestnut system ta.
I don't mind doing the pens, but am aware that you probably know what you are doing better than I! (Will you be bringing a brickwork blank?!)

Hi would i be able to use some one's lathe to do the flowers on please
I have 1" 8 and 3/4 16
thank you

Oakbear":2rgr6sf0 said:
Doug, it'd be nice to see the chestnut system ta.
I don't mind doing the pens, but am aware that you probably know what you are doing better than I! (Will you be bringing a brickwork blank?!)

Made this up today

003-1.jpg

so will bring it along with the buffing system.

As to knowing what i`m doing, the good lady would disagree :lol: :lol:

looking forward to seeing everyone.

Cheers.

Doug.

RATWOOD":1st4wz0c said:
Hi would i be able to use some one's lathe to do the flowers on please
I have 1" 8 and 3/4 16
thank you

There are enough lathes coming in the boot of cars for this not to be a problem I expect.

I also have my Perform CCL and there is BSM's new beast which may have what you need...

Miles

Richard Findley":gkvqb05i said:
The 2 performs will both have 1" x 8tpi threads so no problem there!!

Richard

i'm looking into getting 1x8tpi thread adaptors for the big beast as well, seems to make sense to have one common thread size throughout

dannykaye":3us77pzs said:
Sadly I can no longer attend, it appears I am going to a wedding
Sorry to hear that - did Social Secretary drop that one on you at short notice? :)
Miles

big soft moose":25h0q4bb said:
Richard Findley":25h0q4bb said:
The 2 performs will both have 1" x 8tpi threads so no problem there!!

Richard

i'm looking into getting 1x8tpi thread adaptors for the big beast as well, seems to make sense to have one common thread size throughout

just to note that i struck out on the thread adaptors - so if anyone has chucks or faceplates that have either a 1.5 in by 8tpi thread or a 1.25ins by 9tpi thread please bring them along (we have one chuck that goes on the inboard 1.5x8tpi spindle but its three jaw rather than the preferable four)

miles_hot":3u77u5ji said:
NikNak":3u77u5ji said:
Miles.... PM sent

Nick
Nick

PM sent - can you reply and you're on the list.

Miles

Miles

Reply PM sent...... many thanks

I somehow feel i will be the most 'junior' (as in ability) attendee on the day..... so if any helps needed in the kitchen i'm quite good with a soapy cloth.... :oops: if you'd like to keep me out of the way.... :roll:

Nick

oh.... is it too late/cheeky to ask if Richard (or anyone else) can do a demo of wood screw cutting possibly for box's...?

NikNak":6e63nwmn said:
I somehow feel i will be the most 'junior' (as in ability) attendee on the day..... so if any helps needed in the kitchen i'm quite good with a soapy cloth.... :oops: if you'd like to keep me out of the way.... :roll:

Nick

oh.... is it too late/cheeky to ask if Richard (or anyone else) can do a demo of wood screw cutting possibly for box's...?

Well that's balls to start with - most junior should be in the front row (with me) lapping up the wisdom :)

Miles

Due to my woeful output I haven't managed to turn any test pieces for the buffing - I had hoped to have a small stack or bowl shaped things so that people could try out the buffing systems which will be present on the day. I'd planned to have some sanded to 320 or so and some to a higher number.

Does anyone have some stuff lying around - I guess it could be roughed out bowls in the drying process or something?

Many thanks

Miles

well folks better late than never- i will now be attending this bash on saturday :D

I have a 6" and 3" faceplate left over from my euro 2000 days i think it is 1 1/2 x 8tpi but cant remeber for sure-i can check the threads if there still needed?

miles: these bits you need for polishing pratice- do they need to be raw untreated wood or will bits that have had oil on them a few weeks ago do?

cornucopia":34r5bg0s said:
well folks better late than never- i will now be attending this bash on saturday :D

I have a 6" and 3" faceplate left over from my euro 2000 days i think it is 1 1/2 x 8tpi but cant remeber for sure-i can check the threads if there still needed?

miles: these bits you need for polishing pratice- do they need to be raw untreated wood or will bits that have had oil on them a few weeks ago do?

The face plates would be most useful as they'll allow us to use BSM's new lathe for something other than spindle.

I had thoughts of using both naked wood and stuff that has some finish on (as I've been getting good shiny results with Hardwax and Buffing). Basically they're for people to play with and understand how buffing works without needing to worry about stuffing up a turned item). So all welcome really :)

Miles

i've just checked the threads on my faceplates and there 1 1/4" by 6tpi so unfortunatley are of no use to the bash- sorry

miles i'm sue i can find a couple of bits to pratice buffing on

Back