Lambourn bash - aka the brummie bash re-located (updated)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've packed:
a devil stone
a piece of lignum
my thread chasing tools
a couple of scrap pieces to pratice buffing on
and a selection of my recent turnings

have i forgot anything ?

Make sure at least one of you takes 6 or 8 spare hours, I'll guarantee there just ain't going to be enough time to do what you wanted to do, enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

CHJ":2jb0uga1 said:
Make sure at least one of you takes 6 or 8 spare hours, I'll guarantee there just ain't going to be enough time to do what you wanted to do, enjoy yourselves and stay safe.

So one of the 3 has to go?

Well i'm sure we can compromise on safety a bit.....
:D

Really looking forward to it guys! 8)

cornucopia":endgelbf said:
I've packed:
a devil stone
a piece of lignum
my thread chasing tools
a couple of scrap pieces to pratice buffing on
and a selection of my recent turnings

have i forgot anything ?

All seems in order - see you tomorrow around 10:00

Miles

Today's the day, last minute tidy up underway :)

Looking forward to seeing you all, thanks for all the nice messages yesterday.

Miles

Hi guys, Liam should be picking me up on his way shortly and be with you around 10 ish.

Cheers, Paul :D

Desperately trying to find something to bring with me....... :cry:

I know...... a chair to sit on.... :D (up the front of course...)

setting off around 9ish and grabbing some petrol on the way.....

Nick

Thank you Miles for a brilliant day.
The food was fantastic!!!!
The banter and chat was great all the best chris and sue

Great to meet everybody today and see some of the inspirational work up close and get the benefit of expert demo's and tuition from Mark and Richard, great stuff, much appreciated.

And many, many thanks to Miles and family for putting up with us and hosting the day, and for all the lovely food, I'm still feeling stuffed and may have to skip dinner ! :lol:

Cheers, Paul :D

I second (third? fourth?) sentiments already expressed. A very educational and inspirational day. I learnt much and met some fabulous people.

A special thanks to Miles and family for managing to be totally involved in the day and attentive and generous hosts as well.

A really well organised event - sprinkled with generosity of spirit and some great technical and interactive demonstrations.

Thanks Miles and family - and all who attended!
Liam

Thanks Miles, great day, great company.

Thanks to all who attended. :D :D :D
It was great to put faces to names and there was ample good food and good humour.

Mark showed us how he makes his hollow (forms?) items? with plenty of discussion about techniques and helpful comments from George. :D :D
Chris (Ratwood) turned green hazel into flowers and Richard demonstrated spindle work and screw threading.
Mark then took on Richards challenge to make a copy of a spindle item. Mark may not have had an exact copy but there was lots of artistic interpretation :D :D :D :D :D and skillful use of an unorthodox spindle tool (180 grit I think it was!!)

Miles showed his Beall buffing system and a good time was had by all.

I came away having learned a lot and with some interesting samples to play with.

Roll on next years bash.

mikec

Thanks Miles (and of course your wife) for a great day. Your hospitality went above and beyond, and i don't think i've eaten that much cake in ages!

It as a pleasure to make so many new friends, and i've even learnt a thing or two!

Back