Lambourn bash - aka the brummie bash re-located (updated)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll bring along my thread chasing tools, although someone needs to bring some Boxwood or similar as I'm a bit short at the moment.

I'm sure either me or George (now he's joining the party) can demo how it's done. Best as a hands on, to prove it's not as hard as it looks!!

See you all there!!

Richard

Richard Findley":3jkdpwja said:
I'll bring along my thread chasing tools, although someone needs to bring some Boxwood or similar as I'm a bit short at the moment.

I'm sure either me or George (now he's joining the party) can demo how it's done. Best as a hands on, to prove it's not as hard as it looks!!

See you all there!!

Richard

I might have some boxwood sticks somewhere...there's a carrier bag of small branches around the place, maybe they're box? :?

Miles

Happy amateur":17akqxah said:
I understood that the large poolewood threads were 1-1/2 6
My 1500 is

Fred

i find measuring the female part of the thread more difficult than doing the male but it was defo 6tpi and i'm pretty sure it is 1 1/4" to the crown of the thread.

I had the 2000 and 3000 and i have found a couple of articles on online that also state they had 1 1/4" by 6tpi

but whatever its width at 6tpi its definatley no use at the bash

I've got a 2 x 8" lignum cylinder you can practice on if you like. Last time i tried to turn it i came out in welts where it touched my skin.
Not going near it again unless i'm wearing an NBC suit!

I'm bringing a few slimline kits, prepped blanks and my pen kit if people fancy trying their hand.

Anything else people are short of or want as i'm in my workshop today so can pick up bits and bobs?

:( :( :( i'm feeling totally inadequate listening (reading) to all you guys..... :shock: i think i might have to send somebody in my place and pretend it's me.... :lol:

Holly..?? Holly's good.... i'm looking to do a gent's pen set in a 'white' wood soon, so yes please some Holly as a demo.... :D :D

I'll bung a load of Kapur in the back ot the car...... i sort of remember BSM wanting some a while back. Afraid i dont have much else i can offer... :oops: still being new to this spinny game. But i can bring lots of enthusiasm with me...

Nick

NikNak":oy7w76gd said:
:( :( :( i'm feeling totally inadequate listening (reading) to all you guys..... :shock: i think i might have to send somebody in my place and pretend it's me.... :lol:

Holly..?? Holly's good.... i'm looking to do a gent's pen set in a 'white' wood soon, so yes please some Holly as a demo.... :D :D

I'll bung a load of Kapur in the back ot the car...... i sort of remember BSM wanting some a while back. Afraid i dont have much else i can offer... :oops: still being new to this spinny game. But i can bring lots of enthusiasm with me...

Nick

That's rather how I felt on tje run up to tje.last one, that goes.away pretty quickly :) that wood sounds interesting, note it takes a good polish too. Of you've made.a.bowl of it bring it.along to the buffing part of the day :)
Looking forward to seeing you.
Miles

Nick,

Enthusiasm is all you'll need for Saturday!! By the time we've finished with you you'll be a master!!!

See you Sat,

Richard

RATWOOD":39xhtg6r said:
2 DAY S TO GO

Too right - very excited but also starting to sweat a little as due to work at the moment I'm only getting around an hour a night to sort the garage out etc so there's no way it's going to be as clean and tidy as last year's bash :)

Very much looking forward to seeing you all there. :)

Miles

I've bought an Axminster grinder so that we've got something other than the Tormek to play with but I forgot to buy a diamond stone dressing / truing thing. Can anyone bring theirs for the day?

Miles

Back