Summer Bash - August 22nd

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyD

Established Member
Reaction score
Summer Bash.

After talking to Brad about hosting a woodworking bash I have decided it might be a good idea. The workshop is fairly large so could accomodate quite a few people and is fairly centrally located being in Lincolnshire between Boston and Sleaford. I could do machining demos, domino, veneering, spray finishing etc and hopefully other people could do some. I have a mate who is a handtool buff so I can hopefully get him involved for the non mechanically minded. Date would be a saturday sometime in August.

Please reply if you are intersted or have any suggestions and I can try to get a date arranged.

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

Sounds like a great idea I would be very interested and it would be good to meet some fellow forum members.

I live Between Grantham and Melton Mowbray not to far away a could provide transport for anyone else who would like to attend from my area who is stuck for a lift.

regards

James

im local so would be very interested and can collect a couple of people from newark or retford train station on the way if anyone wants to travel a greater distance

Yes please, count me in, always up for a gathering and being out of the SE corner would I suspect be good chance to see a few new faces.

Also a great chance to pop back and see how that neck of the woods is getting on without me - lived on your doorstep in Helpringham from '75 to '82. Couldn't wait to get away at the time but man I miss that quiet life now.

Probably not actually, unless Mark goes up in the Car. Doesn't look as if you as central as Brad for trains. We'll have to do one down here next year.

wizer":248ammp1 said:
... unless Mark goes up in the Car.

..well, you never know, but hmm... August, Lincolnshire, all those lovely straight roads... The temptation to spend the rest of the weekend cruising round all my old haunts might be too strong. Methinks a pint in the Nags Head in Sleaford for old times sake is called for at the very least.

Better start praying for rain I reckon Tom :wink: Anyway, what's up with your ability to drive? Have you been banned or something - or is the CRX just too juicy?

mikepooley":2iqq7ojr said:
Im very interested :D

anyone from North Norfolk want a Lift?

Mike
If it happens to be 22nd or 29th then I'm interested.... I'm near Norwich, but I'm sure something could be worked out transport-wise.

Dave

MarkW":3tmeh77y said:
or is the CRX just too juicy?

The CRV is no more! \:D/ Which is actually a bad thing because it's replacement (Focus) is not so comfy. But good in terms of juice.

Go up on the bike mate, I don't mind sitting this one out.

Hi guys. Initial thoughts about dates is the 22nd of August but I am pretty flexible about this.

Jon

Doctor":2kn5q8jo said:
I would love to Jonny, but its a bit to close to Skegness, remember the caravan story, daren't risk it.

I try to not to go to skegness if I can help it as well. :D

jonny

I'd be up for it Brad - in fact, we could go in my car if there's enough NW demand - 7 seats.

Cheers

Karl

Back