Summer Bash - August 22nd

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jon

As it's B-7, how about some info on where and when so we can plan our trips, please?

The weather forecast is middlin', sort of reasonably temp but cloud and the distinct possibility of a shower.

Cheers
Steve

Steve Maskery":2xgz8ern said:
The weather forecast is middlin', sort of reasonably temp but cloud and the distinct possibility of a shower.

Cheers
Steve

thats Lincolnshire for you! 8)

Hi all. I will be there from 8-oclock ish on saturday getting ready and setting up. I think a 10 - 10-30 start would be ideal.

Directions.

Workshop is situated on Punchbowl lane. Seen in the middle of the screen here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 81446&z=13

Postcode for sat nav PE20 3SB.

Directions from up north. From the A17 take the A1121 towards Boston. You will come to a place called Hubberts Bridge. Mind out for the speed Cameras and take a Left Hand Turn at Boston West Golf Course along the B1192. Punchbowl Lane is the first road on the right hand side apart from farm tracks. Turn into Punchbowl Lane and the Workshop is the first set of farm buildings on the right hand side.

Directions from south. Head towards Boston and once in Boston follow the signs for Sleaford on the A1121. Once on the A1121 you will come to a place called Hubberts Bridge. Turn right here along the B1192. Punchbowl Lane is the first road on the right hand side apart from farm tracks. Turn into Punchbowl Lane and the Workshop is the first set of farm buildings on the right hand side.

If anyone wants my mobile number just PM me and I will send it to you. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Jon

Hope it's not too late for another couple Jon. Mel and I will be there too. Mel is bringing something for Dan Tovey and I have got a pass for the day as it's my birthday. :D

mailee":3m0n54x2 said:
Hope it's not too late for another couple Jon. Mel and I will be there too. Mel is bringing something for Dan Tovey and I have got a pass for the day as it's my birthday. :D

No problem Mailee I assume you are bringing the woodburner with you :D

cheers

Jon

Steve,

Re the Sketchup demo.

Been checking the lappy and the plugins are not there...!

I'm not sure what I did, I think there was one I shouldn't have had and finished up deleting them all - can't really remember now. If you need to use plugins can you bring them with you again please?

I've got all the kit ready :D

We're heading off east at first light tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.

Not sure if I'll be online in the meantime though. I bought one of those Vodafone thingys to give you mobile internet access so will be taking it for a spin this week.

regards

Brian

Sorry Brad, no I won't be needing a lift. I did originally think that I would do but have decided to make a break of it with the missus, so we are touring around Lincolnshire & Yorkshire for the next few days in the old CF camper.

No sure what to do with her on Saturday though :lol: :?

And guess what - I'm typing this from the middle of a farmer's field in Barrowby just outside Grantham so as you can see the Vodofone dongle is working a treat :lol:

regards

Brian

Jon,

Unfortunately I'm going to have to drop out - having returned from holiday to find an urgent job awaiting. Really disappointed as I was looking forward to it. Thanks for the invite - hope you all have a good time.

Enviously,
Dave

Jon,

I will be coming, looking forward to it.

I will be traveling from Melton Mowbray through Grantham so if anyone would like a lift please let me know.

cheers
James (jpb)

Well I'm looking forward to it too, I've had no company for weeks!

My little list includes a fruit cake and the cheval mirror in this month's British Woodworking. I'll also bring my Tormek to be trued and my new planer knife honing jig, so if anyone wants their knives doing, bring them along.

I've recently made some modifications to my Ultimate Tablesaw Tenon Jig, so I'll bring that along too. And if you have the UTTJ, bring along a flash drive and you can have a PDF of the mods.

Anyone want me to bring anything else?

The forecast is looking better than it did :)

I must remember to pick up Pete.

Cheers
Steve

Hi, is it too late to get in on this bash?

Not been on this forum for a while

BTW, I have a diamond dressing tool for a Tormek :wink:

Lee

SemiSkilled":26tldtg3 said:
Hi, is it too late to get in on this bash?

Not been on this forum for a while

BTW, I have a diamond dressing tool for a Tormek :wink:

Lee

No its not too late hope to see you there.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Bit late but I am in for this bash as well. :D

I will bring a jig to compare with Steve's, I know mine will not win. [-(

Is the barbecue still on? I will try and bring something to throw on it. 8)

DaveL":1hgb2kh3 said:
Hi Jon,

Bit late but I am in for this bash as well. :D

I will bring a jig to compare with Steve's, I know mine will not win. [-(

Is the barbecue still on? I will try and bring something to throw on it. 8)

Bloody hell - I didn't know there were going to be prefects there!

Tony's not coming too, is he?

:lol:

Brad

BradNaylor":fz3li620 said:
I didn't know there were going to be prefects there!
I now have a picture in my mind of Brad writing lines on a black board...just like Bart, are you arriving by skate board? :whistle:

sorry but im out just took on a rush job for a good customer and going to be working all weekend, hope you all have a good day :cry:

Latest posts

Back